Failed MOT!

ElectroDan

Ex. Club Member
I am extremely happy.

My Micra failed the first MOT I've put it through since buying it in October. Although I'd checked it over, I wasn't sure if the tester would find something to fail it on, such the rusty front crossmember. I explained to him beforehand that it shouldn't be a failure as 30cm from any load bearing points, and fortunately he just marked it down as an advisory.

In the end it only failed on one of the rear tyres which had a bulge in it. This is why I'm happy. I had been planning on replacing it as I already have a new rear on the other side. I almost got it done before the MOT but the tester told me to wait incase it needed anything else doing.

So, the next day the tyre was replaced and then passed. I'll be putting more effort into tidying her up now that I'll be keeping her a while (Y). In fact, she's since had a replacement boot carpet from a scrappie, the lucky thing!

well done with dodging the front x-member, i saw somewhere that an mot assessor had been struck off for passing a rotten member.

well done with dodging the front x-member, i saw somewhere that an mot assessor had been struck off for passing a rotten member.

probably depends where the rot was eh, the subframe/engine support bar that is bolted to the middle of the cross member could be described as "load bearing"

would have to say as an ex tester that it would be load bearing, but everyone has there own opinion. well done on getting it through!

Now what was the old moto (if in doubt write a failure out)

Only joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would have to say as an ex tester that it would be load bearing, but everyone has there own opinion. well done on getting it through!

Now what was the old moto (if in doubt write a failure out)

Only joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arse... lol
Most MOT guys seem alright, I guess it's just the ladies you pick on? :p
haha

Back