MOT Failure

Micra 110

Site Supporter
One of my K10's failed the MOT.

Apparently the Windscreen Wipers were Juddering and was slow going across the Windscreen...fwn
I asked him if the bloke tested the Wipers with or without Water due to the fact that it really does work better with and makes the Wiper Blades last longer....the answer was no... :glance:

I was using them this morning when the Rain came down like there was no tomorrow and didn't have any problems at all so i really can't see how they managed to fail it.....bu99er!

I have the Intermittent set up, can i swop a Windscreen Wiper motor from a 2 speed without intermittent?

What Warp factor/Speed should it be going at, how many times across the screen in 30 seconds?

..other little things included: When Hazards were on the rear lights went dimmer and brighter.... bad earth on the lights somewhere. I didn't think they tested both the light AND the Hazards...usually when I've broken down i don't have any lights.....

Rear Tyre was below legal tread depth...in one spot...

Car to be returned within 10 days for a partial retest....hurumph! :(

what a picky mot!
i failed mine on tuesday but just had to go home and put cat in and it past on the same day.

if the light problem is when he cars on then its an earth problem, swap your "illegal" wheel with family or friend of same size just for mot and swap back after.
he must be chattin out his a*** with the wipers!
most people would just put than down as an advisory note

good luck mate

That does sound harsh. When the hazards were on on my K10, the lights use to dim slightly, like the outside lights and interior light did too. Not majorly but it was noticable. Still passed though as it all still worked!

Would there be a possibility that the Battery was a bit flat although it was Brand new?

.....and i gave them Doughnuts too! :doh:

take your wiper off and put it up his rear...then see what he passes lol

mua.bmp

A motor from a different car will work fine (even a two speed only one)

I wonder if its the main earth neer the battery tthat is contributing to each of these problems...could be worth a look...may be mage a good earth in paralell with it to test if this is the case..(be sure not to get the wong battery terminal thogh BOOM)

If the wipers are folded away from the windscreen do they move quickly...if so then maybe the blades just need renewing?

Are there MOT quallified dudes here who could advise if this case is worthy of a dispute to your regional VOSA office?...it soounds like it to me...I would have though the equipment has to be "effective"

please tell me it wasnt a "kwick fit" garrage

just a few thoughts mate

hope you get it sorted

I wonder if its the main earth neer the battery tthat is contributing to each of these problems...could be worth a look...may be mage a good earth in paralell with it to test if this is the case..(be sure not to get the wong battery terminal thogh BOOM)

If the wipers are folded away from the windscreen do they move quickly...if so then maybe the blades just need renewing?

Are there MOT quallified dudes here who could advise if this case is worthy of a dispute to your regional VOSA office?...it soounds like it to me...I would have though the equipment has to be "effective"

please tell me it wasnt a "kwick fit" garrage

just a few thoughts mate

hope you get it sorted

not worth disputing over as you have to pay the same as an MOT to do it. And IF you do win you could only get a partial refund of the MOT centre.

I wonder if its the main earth near the Battery that is contributing to each of these problems...could be worth a look...may be make a good earth in parallel with it to test if this is the case..(be sure not to get the wrong battery terminal though BOOM)

It wasn't a quick fit place :)

I had another look at the Wiper Blades which are ok but the Motor/Wiper Movement is slow....new 2nd hand motor coming up... :doh:

Battery connections seem good.

Had a look at the Rear Clusters, checked the Wiring but Where is the Earth wire for the Rear lights?

As for the lights 'phasing' it does it on the other 2 Micras i have but not so much.....scratches head....:down:

Back