Molly is ready to go!

All set for the start of our season, Ingliston in Edinburgh on Saturday.

2013-04-20 15.54.08.jpeg

I should say what the mods are.
  • Scrapyard 1.3 engine (non-coil pack)
  • Nismo engine mounts
  • Lightened flywheel
  • 1.0 gearbox
  • Dizzy rev limiter removed
  • 1.6 almera injectors
  • High pressure adjustable fuel regulator
  • Sock air filter
  • 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
  • Custom built stainless exhaust with Vortex (dyson-ish) box - LOUD
  • Standard mapping, with immobiliser removed
  • Quick shift gear lever
  • Perspex side and rear windows
  • Usual MSA safety stuff
We had her on the rolling road yesterday. 102bhp at the fly, peaking at 6800. I'll get a pic of the readout and post it later.
What next? Probably a rebuilt base engine and a new clutch. Any other ideas? Preferably not of the mega-bucks variety!

I should say what the mods are.
  • Scrapyard 1.3 engine (non-coil pack)
  • Nismo engine mounts
  • Lightened flywheel
  • 1.0 gearbox
  • Dizzy rev limiter removed
  • 1.6 almera injectors
  • High pressure adjustable fuel regulator
  • Sock air filter
  • 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
  • Custom built stainless exhaust with Vortex (dyson-ish) box - LOUD
  • Standard mapping, with immobiliser removed
  • Quick shift gear lever
  • Perspex side and rear windows
  • Usual MSA safety stuff
We had her on the rolling road yesterday. 102bhp at the fly, peaking at 6800. I'll get a pic of the readout and post it later.
What next? Probably a rebuilt base engine and a new clutch. Any other ideas? Preferably not of the mega-bucks variety!

Hi Vulture 20

What High pressure adjustable fuel regulator do u have in you rally car? Im looking around and there seems to be loads around?

Thanks olly

That's a nice looking torque curve ther (although the scale is missing) I take it the car puuls nice and hard to the redline then?

Ta

the speed limiter jools ? and have you disconnected the speed sensor (its very lean at the bottom end eh !)

Hi Frank

To be honest I don't know! I bought the dizzy pre-modified. Can you explain more? Is lean at the bottom good or bad?

Cheers
Jools

i think there is a speed limiter @ 117mph ? and the rev limiter in the dizzy @ 6900ish.
and we usually disconnect the wire from the speed sensor to stop the ecu closed looping in 3rd, 4th and 5th
and that leanspot low down will just make it a bit flat there eh :)

i think there is a speed limiter @ 117mph ? and the rev limiter in the dizzy @ 6900ish.
and we usually disconnect the wire from the speed sensor to stop the ecu closed looping in 3rd, 4th and 5th

117 mph! Lol!
What does the closed loop do?
How would I get rid of the lean spot? Not that it matters, she's never below about 3000!

there are a few threads on the speed sensor jools, and that sub 3k area wont affect the rallying, just the daily driving eh :)
a higher compression ratio should be next on the list :)

Does disconnecting the gearbox neutral plug do the same as the ECU doesn't then know if it is in gear, or do you need to remove the feed from the speedo to the ECU ?

on the preface the printed circuit board uses 2 screws at the back of the speedo to connect the speed sensor matt, i prefer to remove the screw and refit it without the pcb underneath (reversible then eh)

Back