• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

My K10 is ready to get Pimped

Hi Guys
Inherited my Grandad's K10 last year and have been waiting a respectful amount of time before I give the old girl a face lift. First on the list was a chunky set of wheels... I've whacked on a set of 17's. Surprisingly they went on with not a lot of bother at all. The mud guards had to go and a friendly whack with a hammer on the rear section of the front arches and bingo! I now need to sort out the suspension as the rears are rubbing. (The standard stocks and springs are dead).

I have searched loads of forums and have found some helpful advise but a lot of it is out of date, the links I've found no longer work.

Where can I get some uprated/ stiffer coil springs and shock absorbers from?
They need to be the same ride hight as the standard ones but firmer.

Thank you for any help or advise

Attachments

• Micra K10.jpg
    Micra K10.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 1,598
Hi, you could try fitting spring assistors into the rear coils, get them from an old fashioned motor factors or try online. they are reasonably cheap and may sort the rubbing problem at the rear.
I have done this on two fiestas in the past and it worked well.

Back