Modifications

meji

Club Member (Trial)
I've just bought a K11 1.0 as my first car and I was just wondering what kind of mods can I do to the car (which is standard atm) that don't realy cost much and could change the performance even just a little bit.

It's a 1994 N reg K11 1.0 incase you were wondering.
(I'm new to this sort of thing so correct me if I'm wrong about anything)

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

Also I know this is the tuning board of the forum but I was wondering what door handle from another Nissan (or any car) will fit my Micra doors, because both handles are cracked and squeek -_-

Thanks in advance.
Jack Hughes.

Jack find a scrap yard...you'll get door handles for ###### all :)

mods depend how your insurance company will react tbh...though the usual is a performance exhaust system and manifold and air filter / air box modification...not that cheap but you'll get decentish gains (not sure how much on a 1.0 but you'll still notice it).

Ahh yeah, I think me and my dad are going to the Rufforth Autojumble on saturday so hopefully I might be able to find something there.

And what's the best way to mod the airbox / airfilter just find a bigger one from another car ;D
or buy from somewhere online?

And thanks for the reply.

you can fit an airbox from a 1.6 nissan (sunny iirc) or when my bro did his 1.3 he used one on my air ram pipes (metal flexi pipe) and just cut a big hole in the airbox (replacing the stock intake pipe) and bonded the bigger one in place...ended up with a louder induction note and a decent difference though he had a janspeed manifold on aswell. The manifold is the biggest restriction.

Have a search though as i know its been mentioned before which cars the air boxes come from, you'll get a deffo answer then as ive never gone the swap route myself :)

Alright I'll have a look for parts when I'm at the autojumble this weekend. And thanks for the help :)

yey welcome to the wonderful world that is micra enjoy your stay anoth north easter i like it mate do you have msn add me

welcome mate, theres plenty you can do to the car.
have a look at the blogs and youll get loads of ideas, it all depends on the look and style you want but pretty much evertying has been done.
More sublte stuff looks better imo. but im sure youl get ideas from here!

enjoy the micra world mate! :D

Back