Mobile phone handsfree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi Guys

Im looking to get a handsfree solution for my car. Ive currently got myself a Sony Ericsson W800I and my two choices are bluetooth headset or a car kit.

Im tempted to get a car kit so it charges up whilst im driving, however im not sure how difficult these are to install myself? Do the components e.g microphone, have to be installed anywhere specific?

The car kit i've seen is called a HCA 60 and the cradle is HCH 61

My other option is a bluetooth headset. Can anyone recommend any? It would be just for driving only. I've seen so many which vary in price and not sure what i should be looking for.

Cheers people :)

does your fone have a handsfree/loudspeaker function?

cos all i do is put it in a fone holder on the dash and then use the fone on loudspeaker

Yeah actually i think it does, i'l have to test that, but would still prefer either a headset (so passengers cant hear me) or the handsfree to get a better signal, use the car's speakers, cut out the music automatically and charge her up when im driving :)

yeah ,probly best for a full package then,

also if your contracts up for renewal,try and get one free or with discount.my one is ready this month and i managed to get 300 more txt and 5quid cheaper line rental,,a nokia N70 and 20% off a route 66 gprs,,so i have sat nav in my car now :D,,cant wait til it arives in stock,start of novembers

i went for cheap option :D

The phone is 2 weeks into an 18 month contract lol! only came with the usual accessories, phone to pc cable, etc etc but nothing expensive! I had a handsfree £5 microphone headset and charged it throught the cigarette lighter socket on my old nokia, but with wires going everywhere, i was usually getting tangled up or strangling myself trying to get out the car! Would prefer something a little more tidy / professional this time!

honestly mate... at the rate people change their phones i wolud just get bluetooth headset...

if you definately gonna keep it for 18months id say go for the kit if you really think it will benefit you..

make sure you got the phone covered(insured) for at least this period...

last thing you want is to install a specific kit then get your phone nabbed or broked...

I bought a Parrot CK3300 Bluetooth Handsfree kit, its the muts nuts.

its a bluetooth handsfree kit its fuly wiared in to the car with the audio comming through the car speakers, its also muts and pauses CD's when you make or receive a call, the CK3300 also comes with a bluetooth GPS areial if you have a PDA with bluetooth you can use that.

if not go for the CK3100 all the same just with out the GPS and ita less than £100,

Both have a remote display that you can go through your phone book and call people from it so no need to get your phone out to find the contacts and it also has the ability to hold 200 voice prompts (more than enough) the audio is supurb and the volume for bith the mic and speakers is more than enough, ive driven at 60mph with both windows down and it can still reconise my voice commands and people on the other end can hear me perfectly.

I'd go with the bluetooth option tbh mate. I have found that with most in-car kits they are quite often naff, and have various noise problems.

The kind of thing that Monkey suggests sounds like a good solution :)

Bluetooth HeadUnit

Hey I got a Sony Bluetooth HU and it's ######in' awesome! When My phone is connected, which is as soon as I get in with it, I can play all the music that's on my phone (16gb is enuff for me) and when someone calls me what ever I'm listening too dims down and my ring tone come through the speakers, I push one button and answer it. Their voice though the speakers and I just talk away, in built mic in HU. It can be a little im-personal when there is passengers tho... But wouldn't wanna change it. Cost £170 worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back