MMA / TIG INVERTER any good?

I would have a good read up on them before you go for it. My thoughts are no, they are just cheap Chinese crap. And for general car work you would be much better with a decent MIG or even the invertor type stick welders if your short of cash. I would get a second hand miller MIG if I were you. Don't discount the price of gas if you go for anything other than stick, its not cheap! And gasless MIG is rubbish.

mine,s had a right thrashing :grinning: not many left of the 2nd box of rods now (gotta love your council worker mate eh :wasntme:)

Attachments

• SDC12767.JPG
    SDC12767.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 343
Yes, frank isn't one of the ones that pretends to be a TIG welder to, its just an ac invertor. They are a good budget option and don't require gas which is very good. Imo you will get a neater weld with MIG and you will also have more controle when welding thinner metals (although frank has demonstrated that its possible to weld thin sheet with his.

Rockworth used to be a B&Q brand (apparently) and I can't say ive had a problem with mine but then mines just mma rather than mma/tig

So not listening to anyones advice as always I bought this chinese thingy.
Picture5-3.png

so far really good! only tried the arc and its great. Arc is so stable. much better then the old buzzbox!
Gonna try and make a video of the plazma cutter tomorrow!

They sell tig inverter welders at JTF near me for £100 probably be shyte though! Theres a reason tig welders are expensive

so pleased so far! have tried the plazma cutter and works really well, could do with more powerful compresor, but thats not the inverters fault.
I cant try the tig as i need to get some argon :(

some pics
20090106_004.jpg

20090106_005.jpg

pics of tig will folow soon!

Back