Missing Parcels

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Lo people

I posted a parcel last friday first class to some address in Wembley. Nothing too big, and worth about £15. I've never had a normal packet / parcel ive sent go missing, but, it looks like on this occasion it has. Its something i sold on Ebay and the person is insisting they havent got it (although they could be lying)

Anyway, as i dont have proof of postage - whats the deal? Can i get my money back for the postage + Item? or am i going to be out of pocket. I expect the person will file a dispute on paypal for there money back if the goods dont show up.

Not quite sure what to do so advice apprechiated!

Cheers
Arnold

the post will be very slow at the mo with xmas.

however things ur selling should always be done recorded then u have proof

I'm afraid, its your responserbility to send safely. The only thing you can do is offer a refund.

Well i hope its due to the xmas post, but i've ordered and had items received since friday, so kinda think its gone down a black hole.

I usually sell items first class as they generally get bids for having quick postage, but its unfortunate this situation has arisen. il have to switch to recorded post in future because im gonna lose out as a result :(

despite not having a proper proof of posting you can still use the receipt you were given to make a claim.

my mum lost a parcel in post on the way to Hong Kong, she wrote a complaint letter along with the receipt. the result was 20 first class stamps! lol so you should be able to get something back, just make sure you sound upset enough.

with the ebay buyer, check their feedback if it has been good then just offer a refund. nothing you can do im afraid.

You have missed the last post date for delivery for christmas using first class which was on Tuesday the 19th, so I very much doubt it will arrive this side of christmas anyway. I would leave refuding any money until the post corrects itself in the 1st week of january.

When sending anything with Royal Mail ALWAYS get a proof of posting, without this you can do nothing, you have no proof of any postage to claim on.

Do you have any reciept of the postage at all?

I always sent parcels via recorded delivery. If anything its to watch your back. You can then supply teh reference number and they can trace it.

Bizarrely Kev, No. I sent two items that day, one first class and one standard parcels. The standard parcels service (Slower) item has got there fine, and i received a recipt for that, but i didnt get a recipt for this! Looks like im totally screwed, but i guess you live and learn

Back