theiving paypal scumbags

Hows this for fair treatment then, I sold a mini steering column, astrali steering wheel and brake master cylinder on ebay at the end of may, I listed them as collection only, but a guy from italy won them, well no probs there I thought, I can post them I suppose, so I parcelled them up, and posted them at the cost of £40, the buyer paid by paypal £73 including postage so wheres the problem ? a fortnight later I get an email from paypal saying the italian hadn't received the goods, then an hour later they emailed me again saying the buyer had escalated it to a claim against me, I emailed back with proof of postage and a tracking number to trace the parcel, I thought that it would be ok then and it would all be sorted ok. then this afternoon I receive this email....

Dear Paul Imrie,

PayPal has refunded the buyer for the following claim:

Transaction Date: 7 Jun 2007
Transaction Amount: -71.99 GBP
Your Transaction ID: ****************
Buyer's Transaction ID: ****************
Case Number: PP-299-564-084
Buyer's Name: massi_sbk
Buyer's Email: [email protected]

A refund for 71.99 GBP has been debited from your account. The case is now
closed. If sufficient funds were not available to provide the refund, your
account access may be limited.

Thank you for your cooperation.

so regardless of the proof i have given paypal i have had £73 removed from my account as well as losing the goods, because i really dont expect them to be returned. I really think i have been treated unfairly to say the least. I will never use paypal again, and urge everyone out there to do the same, in my eyes it is just plain theft.

any way rant over...... now where did I put that chainsaw, I'm off to Giusseppis pizzaria now to vent......grr

Man I had the same thing with a laptop, I lost out on £65. I stopped using my paypal account and every few weeks get debt collectors on my door. I aint paying for their criminal activities.
Although they threaten almost daily with letters they won't take you to court for less than £150

to be honest, im waiting for paypal to send me a refund for something (ebuyer, its in the process of going into my bank). once the process is complete, my paypal account is going to get trashed. they shouldnt just take money from your bank like that.

Sounds like a pretty poor situation to be in, but i wonder if this would happen if they were a UK buyer? I never despatch items internationally as there's just too much hassle & risk involved.

I would see if you could find a phone number for them though and speak to them about it, as it sounds well out of order. The only thing i can think you do now is use the tracking number and receipt you've got to get a refund from your courier

Paypal always eeerrrs on the side of the buyer to be honest, since I would guess over 90% of the paypal users are "The Buyer" (I know, I know that doesnt exactly make perfect sense in ebay terms, but often sellers have a "many-to-one" relationship whereas buyers have a "one-to-many" relationship). From a business point of view, they have to keep the buyers happy.

And if you look at it from this italian blokes point of view.... well what if he actually hasnt recieved it?

Did you go to the post office to ask for compensation? Did you offer him insurance when he paid for delivery? Did you offer him recorded delivery?

Just remember that as a seller the responsibility is on you to do those things, and paypal is always going to be against the seller.

Sorry, I've had good experiances with paypal because i try to be a careful seller and also one dodgy thing I have bought has been refunded to me. Although your situation sounds kinda harsh.

How do you plan on trading sucessfully on ebay without paypal anyway?

don't agree turtle. I brought something recently, it didn't work. went to paypal they have an option to start a claim if the item is not as described. So I did that went through the whole process, came to the end and paypal then said "sorry dispute closed, can only do a claim if the product was not received" What a load of rubbish. Thankfully the seller did refund. Paypal skim on the very edge of what is acceptable in my eyes. The fact they act as judge jury and executioner is really really not good. Unfortunately its very convenient and so gets used allot. I do everything possible however to avoid them.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

And if you look at it from this italian blokes point of view.... well what if he actually hasnt recieved it?

I have proof of postage, a tracking number to tell me exactly where the package is on its journey to Italy.

Did you offer him recorded delivery??

It is recorded delivery, it has been signed for therefore it has been delivered.

Just remember that as a seller the responsibility is on you to do those things, and paypal is always going to be against the seller.

Sorry, I've had good experiances with paypal because i try to be a careful seller and also one dodgy thing I have bought has been refunded to me. Although your situation sounds kinda harsh.??

Harsh doesnt describe it, it is downright theft from me !!!!

How do you plan on trading sucessfully on ebay without paypal anyway?

In future I will never trade to outside the British mainland again, and will only accept cash on collection, postal order or personal cheque, Ed has given me a usefull link there, (thanks Ed) I will be investigating this link further.

I like to pride myself as an honourable and honest person, as a few members have met me or have dealt with me are sure to testify, I have always had an impeccable record with ebay and paypal at 100% positive feedback with a feedback score of 526, if anyone would care to take a look at the record of the robbing Italian git that I am supposed to have conned, they would find his history is a little jaded to say the least, yet paypal still seem to think that I have been dishonest rather than him.

Fair enough then. Try making some phone calls to paypal about it. If you get through to the right people you might get it back

Just go to Italy and break him, no particular part, just break all of him, lol.
Paypal won't help, thats what happens when you let the great US of A look after your money.

i myself have run foul of the claim it back paypal rule and the person who claimed the item was bust never sent it back either so he got goods and his money back.....I now never never use paypal to accept payment i only use it to pay for goods there is many other safe ways cross checked check or postal order bankers drafts that way they cant use paypal to get there money back as they didnt pay for item through it.

serious bad luck paul and i thought you were due some good karma (thanks for helping me again btw) youve got proof it was delivered, i would start my own dispute with paypal and see what happens.

never had a problem with paypal and have used it for years now. Though that does sound stupid!! try and speak to a high paypal employee on the phone or in person as they will see your also a person and not just a computer.

Ryan.

Back