missfire???

Hi I hope someone could help on this my girlfriends k11 has been at the garage for 3 weeks! Brought it home yesterday and the warmer the engine gets the more it kangaroos. Its a 98 1 litre auto with 36k on the clock.The garage changed over the throttle bodies and sensors from my 93 1.3 auto and although hers has stopped stalling every 100 yards, its still missfiring at different revs almost every 5 yards when driving(once engine is warm) not sure if its maybe the gearbox? Plugs,leads,dizzy cap ,rotor arm, have been replaced. Also now my 1.3 seems to be over revving when stopping then settles down again within a couple of seconds. Im most confused.

Please help im losing the faith!

missfire??

Just an update on this: I have just taken the 98 1 litre car out and its fine driving for 10 minutes or so and then the miss fire gradualy increases until its almost constant. Occasionaly when idleing an orange light flicks on and off for a split second during the missfire. Any idaes guys??? Thanks jb

missfire?

Hi, well thanks for veiwing. Eventually got it fixed at Nissan for £650 turned out it was the distributor.

Ouch! and it's unusual for a thread to be missed on here, i didn't see this one either

Never go to dealer for simple stuff like that kiddo, i had the same problem and got a distributor with genuine leads from my local scrap yard for £20 and fitted it same day. That car has not missed a beat ever since.
Since you have an auto; when your carbon brush wears out, a new one costs £150. That was in 2008 but since they still use that part on the cube CVT i would expect that it hasn't gone down much.

Back