IN NEED OF HELP! ENGINE PROBLEMS!

hello all,

im new to the forum but not new to k11's.

had my first last year:

10111_10203216561077460_370336084_n.jpg

1911787_10203216563157512_35649542_n.jpg

Then as my other project planned to come off the road i purchased (as some may know) Dougs Panda 1.3

10554984_10202411142741026_1887468705_n.jpg

Right now where i need help!

basically i was informed of a small leak, so by the time i got it home there was little water in it and so took what was left out, cleaned all the pipes etc and put back together and it was fine, no leaks, however then it started overheating, so got it properly bled, yet still overheated, turns out i put pink coolant in with blue, so dumped the lot and started again with pink, still overheats,

it cant be thermostat because all pipes are warm, the fan didnt work before but now have it with a switch in the dash which helped, night driving was fine unless your ripping it.

thought it could have been headgasket as it was blowing bubbles into the expansion tank so got some steel seal and followed the instructions, but then havent 'properly bled' the ater system as i am really unsure on how to do it.

then like an idiot (however think its neccesary to mention) i ran it up the road forgetting i didnt have the oil cap on, so again it got hot, filled it up with oil then put the cap back on and its still getting hot

really unsure what it was, then last nights its started bogging, when last night when to start and it struggled, wont tick over properly, and is really boggy to drive, lost alot of power and is quite poppy on the exhaust.

i have no idea whats up with it and im ready to drive it into a tree.

i bought this micra because i knew it was done peoperly and looked after but....

ANYWAYS! i need all the help i can get as i need to get to london in it on friday night, as then the next day going to europe.

half tempted to take it to a garage but thought i would ask you nuts first!!!

ANY HELP WILL RECIVE VIRTUAL BEER TOKENS!

THANKS

hello all,

im new to the forum but not new to k11's.

had my first last year:

10111_10203216561077460_370336084_n.jpg
Welcome to the forum ;)

Sorry I can't help with your leaky issues, im sure someone with more mechanical knowledge will be able to offer advice.

I just wanted to say I assume your red k11 was called "speed wagon" :p
You just can't fight this micra feeling ^_^

did you get all the air out the rad? like seriously. get the motor hot and put a lot of pressure on the cap and turn until water comes out

The first time did it in the rad, second time made sure the rad was full, then put the cap on while the cat was running, then took the expansion tank out, lifted it but the bubbles still were there even when red hot and ran for like 40 mins, that's why I thought it was head gasket,

Now sometimes even when the gauge is on half it goes into limp mode :(

leave rad cap off..let car fully warm up....start reving up hold revs at 4-5 rpm. ..whoosh out comes the coolant /water..head gashket? ??

serious though mate, make sure you have bled the system fully. the engine needs to get to max temprature to open up all the waterways + give a bit of revs to get the water flowing. re the problem between seat and steering wheel I am playing :p I cani imagine doug would have shot you a dud engine. if there is an issue, i would have though damage could have been done by overheating on ur drive back?

The first time did it in the rad, second time made sure the rad was full, then put the cap on while the cat was running, then took the expansion tank out, lifted it but the bubbles still were there even when red hot and ran for like 40 mins, that's why I thought it was head gasket,

Now sometimes even when the gauge is on half it goes into limp mode :(
limp mode? there is no limp mode in a manual?

Well 're revs won't go past 2k and it like jolts? Its strange, it hasn't overheated on the way back, it was the next day and stopped before it fully overheated
Hmm that is odd. That sounds like it's very hot. Or could be maf issue or something which controls air. No idea fella

Check the coolant is actually flowing by getting it hot with cap offf and revving. Could be somethi daft like a snapped water pump belt.

Ok I'll be told to shut up but have you had hot air come out the vents that's a good sign it's blead also when I did mine I took off the top hose to the matrix that's in the car and filled it up till water came out of there and popped the hose back on and tightened back up , also I had a simular problem too but that was to do with hot starting and running high revs , there's 2 sensors by the thermostat one has a single cable the other has 2 cables and an actual plug that clips on , on mine it seemed like it was on choke all the time so only started when totally cold or drove well cold once hot lost all power , the plug I mentioned is a senior that tells the ecu the temp of the coolant , mine wasn't on properly maybe check that ?

My old K11 had similar issues and it all started with a seized water pump, then after that it was the head gasket. If you pay attention you might hear the sound of boiling water when you stop the engine after a drive (+ engine warmed up). And like r-reg-sr said if you see water gush out with your rad cap off = head gasket.

Back