miss firing micra - Help!!

CMF_lborob17

» CMF Member
Hi IM new to this forum and have a problem with my 93 micra 1.0 LS

when warm (its fine when cold) the engine starts to missfire (cut out and randomly revs) when you raise the revs over about 3000rpm. It does it if the engine is pulling or if you are stationary and just rev the engine.

anyone know what it could be?

its the first time anything has gone wrong with it since new!! and being in the uk it still has no rust and thats after spending all its life outside.

think it must be having a mid life crisis!

Ive flushed the fuel filter out - thinking it was something here but it did not have any effect

any help would be appreciated

thanks

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Maybe temperature sender. This will show up in the fault codes.
But probably Airflow meter. This is pretty much the only thing that goes wrong with these motors.

CMF_lborob17

» CMF Member
Hi - thanks for the replies

I checked al the leads/fuel filter etc and all ok so I also rang the Nissan Dealer - they said the air mass sensor and quoted me £500 to fix it but I would need to go on diagnostic before hand to check £60!!!!!

I looked on ebay and found I could get a re-conditioned one (guarranteed for 2 years) for £125. getting better I thought!

I then decided to try the throttle body soldering guide as in the technical articles section of this site.

Followed the excelent intructions and did it in under an hour (while it was -4 degrees outside!) Left it over night and hey presto problem gone and micra is reving away quite happily once more!!!

Fantastic help!!

Thanks

Back