Spark and fuel but not firing... Please help!!

Hey guys,

Bought myself a 2001 Nissan March (Distributor 1 litre engine) a few weeks back and thought things were going good. First car on the road, forked out for first insurance, and was pretty hyped to be finally on the road.

Basically had the car on the road for a week, parked it up and went to turn it on last thursday and it was continuously turning over but not firing up. I figured it might just be out of fuel as a mate of mine had a loan of it the weekend before and figured that was the problem.

Eventually put fuel into it, but still same issue, I had read that they are prone to flooding and there was some fix from Nissan for this, an added piece of loom, but was hoping this might not be the issue.... Not being heavily knowledgable with this I read that pressing in on the accelerator and allowing the car to crank might solve it, so tried to turn it over again, keeping foot pressed down and hoping for the best... felt a little stupid!

Checked all of the fuses and they all appeared to be ok both in the engine bay and inside the car.

Then I decided to take out the spark plugs, cranked it over, allowing what was left in the cylinders if anything to evaporate and tried again, cleaned the spark plugs nothing looked out of the ordinary from what I could see, put the plugs back in, again same issue...

Friend called down we took off the fuel line turned it over to let it prime and it was getting fuel... took out the spark plugs and turned it over and its getting spark....

After further digging on here and elsewhere Ive now learned that the throttle body, with AFM could have to be re soldered, either that or the cam/crank sensor? inside the distributor might have given up? The few friends who are helping have never really had micras/marchs and anything that happened to them was an easy fix, someone also suggested earths....

One friend had the Airflow meter/ throttle body scenario happen to him but said the car was acting funny up until this happened where my k11 just wont start, there was nothing funny leading up to this....

Like I said, pretty bummed out about this, between the few of us we cant really figure out what to go at first, I have a donor micra (UK model) with a throttle body to try or a whole new distributor from the same Uk model, id imagine these are the same parts...

Im sure that stuff goes straight on, or should I be even going that far yet? I also got a loan of an OBDII plug to try out with my phone, I'm really at a brick wall with this and any help at all would be seriously appreciated.... Sucks just getting on the road, praising micras for being bullet proof and then getting in such a ridiculous situation .....

What would you recommend as the next step?

Apologies for the heavy message too, I figured id get as much information out as I can about whats been done so far to give someone a chance of answering it...

The maf can just go, I've had it on quite a few now, it's an easy repair just cut the side panel off and resolder the big solder joints and this should fix, normal dizzy issues will cause you not to have a spark, if you apply some pressure on to the side connector where it connects to the maf it may well start, a quick easy test, that got me out of trouble once before when I broke down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you tried a drop of fuel down the throttlebody micron ?

Didnt even think of that, ill give that a try in a few, ill try the AFM thing also, a friend of mine is offering both a distributor and AFM for free, but I dont know where to start or what to start pulling off of the car first.

Yesterday afternoon I parked my K11 March and went out. This morning when I needed to head off again the little bugger won't start. It turns over but, does not even sound like it wants to fire up. There is gas in the tank.
So while I can't offer any help I just wanted to say that I feel your pain

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back