misfire / rough idle isue

hey guys, the car has slight misfire since i bought it and it seems to be getting worse. It seems to be all the way through the revs, under acceleration or just cruising. Sometimes its fine sometimes it bad.
I have tried to solve the problem but there is one last thing I can think of. afm?

I have since replaced the spark plugs / spark tested, fuel filter and fuel hoses for braided ones, oil filter/oil (not that it would make a difference) I checked for vaccum leak, its all good. Done compression test with good results (200,210,205,205).

So what do you reckon?

check the condition of the spark points inside the dizzy cap. wirebrush the white oxide off. if the points r oxidised so much that there's an eroded crater, the gaps maybe too large and so cap needs replacing.
also check the dizzy rotor arms length, forgot what the length of a new one is though

check the condition of the spark points inside the dizzy cap. wirebrush the white oxide off. if the points r oxidised so much that there's an eroded crater, the gaps maybe too large and so cap needs replacing.
also check the dizzy rotor arms length, forgot what the length of a new one is though

I forgot to say this, I bought new dizzy cap and rotor arm, but they didnt fit my march so I wire brushed it and didnt seem to make a diffecence. Do you think I should try to source new ones from japan?

have u checked to see if theres any codes on the ecu? possibly be the throttle body?

Never really thought of that. What do I need to do this? OBD1? Laptop and what software?

I will go to scrap yard and see if I can find amatching dizzy from some other nissan car and gonna swap the HT leads from my mums car to see if it makes difference.

ive a 93 march and i used the 2 bottom left pins to flash it, if u have a rev counter in your march it should have an engine light too so that makes it easier to count the flashes

I tested the ecu for faults and it did 5 long and 5 short flashes so code 55, not faults. Thanks for that. I did the lambda test and it all seems good, although my lambda only has one wire fwn ?
I tried two different sets of HT leads and no difference :( I could see any matching dizzy caps on the scrap yard as they are not dizzy left on the cars, but I think i found dizzy from some almera that looks like its gonna fit. Next I think is to resolder the TB, but Im about to do some alternative inlet manifold witch involves new TB and AFM so im not sure if its worth doing.

Im using an european dizzy and throttle body on my March engine/loom and the european ECU works too, maybe you can try another dizzy?

my dizzy looks like this :( my mums march uses ″normal″ dizzy. Any idea what I got?
only has two bolts. looks like this one
-1-4.jpg

Ok, used the partnumber on the dizzy which got me here (http://nissan.epc-data.com). Found out its mitsubishi dizzy and was used on marches between 95-97. Got the right partnumbers on of the site, phoned local dealer and the cap and rotor arm are on its way from japan. Gonna be here on the 5.12. Payed 25 quid, not bad for main dealer prices. Even if it doesnt solve the problem theres no harm changing it. will keep you posted.

So local nissan deader has ####ed me around big time. They got me the cap but not the arm because its not in production anymore. Well i said to them that I dont really care about that and they shouldnt sell it to me in the first place,then they didnt want to refund the whole amount but only the rotor arm. So I made massive fuss in the shop.
Im usually very calm person, but this was out off order. Their customer service and attitude was shocking.
So I got new cap and rotor arm for the normal dizzy and gonna nick it from my mums march which is going to be broken soon.

I was also thinking that i might have inccoretly gaped plugs. would that be a big issue if its too much? thx

timing chain

Hi mate remove the cam cover and stand at the drivers side of the car and look down inside the side cover of the engine and you will see the timing chain tensioner if the silver plunger sticks out of the tensioner body more than 15mm sadly it's shot and needs to be replaced. As it seems you have already checked everything else I would definately go down this route. Don't beleive what some people say if it doesn't rattle it's ok, that's not the case.measuring it is the only true way. This affects the way the car runs as the timing is all over the place and feels like a missfire.Hope this helps.:eek:

make sure dizzy wiring on the dizzy match up to the one you bought. like what i mean is the black wire on dizzy has 12voltl some off the dizzy have that i bought from scrap yard have the wiring the other way around. i was off the road for tree weeks.. make sure wiring is correct...hope this help somebody before they scrap the k11.. i near ly did

Back