Rough Idle Headache

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a K11 2001 1.4L Activ 89K miles and thought I'd join the community and ask to see if anyone had some ideas to my issue.

I bought the Micra as a project to do it up, but before doing anything cosmetic I've been focusing on sorting the engine first of course. Although its apparently not a simple fix, the issue is basically rough idle.

On a cold start its almost non-existent, but the warmer it gets the more the engine shakes. Its also not continuous, it seems to chug at a rhythm but occasionally vibrate then goes back to chugging.. hard to explain yeah..

So anyway here is a list of changes/tests done so far. I know some probably are pointless/unlikely to make a difference, but like I say its a project for me so want to get it tip-top.

I should note as well that the OBD reader I've used, and garages have used, have not found any problems.

Any thoughts or tests I can do would be much appreciated! :)

1. New Camshaft Sensor
2. New Upstream O2 sensor
3. New Spark Plugs (x4)
4. New Ignition Coils (x4)
5. New coolant temperature sensor
6. New throttle position sensor
7. New air filter
8. Wynns Engine Flush then Oil change /w Wynns Super Charge Oil Treatment + Oil filter
9. New Battery
10. New Coolant temperature sensor
11. Cleaned throttle body
12. Checked engine codes, none found

Works claimed by garage

1. Removed Throttle Body and sent off for testing. They were unable to fault due to the intermittent fault.
2. Checked Fuel pump
3. New MAF sensor
4. New Crankshaft Sensor
5. Compression test

Last edited: