mini fitment wheels fitting a micra??????

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
i see thats some people on here have bought wheels which have a pcd the same as a mini! how would these wheels fit a micra if they are the wrong pcd?

cheers

so what pcd can i go to then? 101 max? or can u go lower like 98? cus i like the wellers on ebay which are 98pcd

The studs take none of the weight, neither do the spigot rings, thats why they are mainly made of plastic! It is the friction between the wheel and hub mounting faces that support the car, the studs are there to provide the tension to apply that force, and the spigot rings are there to centre the wheel when fitted. The studs are designed to take a loading in tension, any shear force acting on them (for example bending them all out from the centre by 0.8mm) can seriously weaken them.

Mini's are 4x4" (4x101.6), Micras are 4x100. Make a metal sleave to fit over a metal bar, but make the sleave 1.6mm too small, you'll get an idea of how "big" 1.6mm really is.

Having said that no kittens or nuns or school girls have been killed yet because because the studs on someones micra let go and they ploughed into a bus queue. I'm not saying it will, or won't happen it's just from an engineering point of view its not ideal to go forcing studs into a different PCD, no matter how close you think they are.

4x4" Wheels (and 4x98 for that matter) with a taper seat can be fitted with PCD correction (wobble) nuts, provided there is centre location to centre the wheel as the bolts are tightened. Wheels with a sleave nut style fixing could possibly have the hole opened up to give the sleave some play to take up the difference (essentially making it a wobble nut) again centre location would be needed.

Wheel Fitment 101 - Described better than i have, and with diagrams!

Back