Mini Alloy Wheels?

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
BMW Mini actually, but I found a set, some alloys off the poverty pack model, and did some checking, 15x5.5 4x100 and 35 offset I think, center bore is wrong, but I know someone who can machine them to suit.

But yeah I like the idea of something that looks different, these don't have that open rice look (I'm not bagging it), kind of a more solid/thick factory 5 spoke style, I think they may looks really good on a Micra.

Down and up sides, 5.5 is a little undersized, but I know from past use, inside a 195/50 it should soften the feel a little, take away a little harshness of 50's, also give that chubby wall look which can suite some cars/wheels.

Err, anyway I already bought them, so I'll find out for sure how they will end up looking soon, at the price I'm not going to complain.

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Tyre size shown is obviously wrong, I think the Mini runs a 175/65 stock, but I have access to a tyre fitting machine, so I'll pick up some used cheap rubber just for the purpose of making sure they look ok with the right rubber etc once on the car...

Attachments

• 54407.jpg
    54407.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
I don't have photoshop, but MS paint works ok for a poor quick cut and paste...

And yeah my gut told me the instant I saw the wheels, that they just may suit a micra, you never know though till you give it a try...

Attachments

• 54424.jpg
    54424.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 36

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Hmm, picked up the Mini wheels today, they are in immaculate condition, used for only a short time before owner upgraded, apart from brake dust I can't find a single mark on them, so as new condition.

Build quality also seems top notch, when taking a closer look I realized they are made by Ronal, and very light (need to weigh them and see just how light).

Maybe a downside is perhaps the offset, online guides are wrong, the stock 15 Mini wheel is +45, as stamped on the rim, but given it's only a 5.5 x 15, I'm hoping it should be ok.

A pic to come later when my PC is not recording 4 TV shows at one time, but I'd like these wheels to work cause they do look awesome, and I think they will look very good on a Micra.

Back