Some very useful information on how to do a old skool mini wheel conversion. (k11)

I know alot of people have done this in different ways but in my opinion it has to be done correctly. As i am a safety concious kinda guy :p:p

First thing to notice is that a Old Mini PCD is 4x101 and a micra is PCD 4X100

A Superlight wheel bore size (the centre hole) measures 65.1
A Micra k11 hub (The centre bit of the brake disc) measures 59.1

The superlight stud holes will stop you from pushing the wheel on fully to the micra's hub...therefore (IF YOU WANT TO...YOUR CHOICE).....You can get a metal drill bit the same size as the hole and gently go in and out just shaving off enough metal to let the wheel slide onto the hub......(Superlights have a metal plate embedded into the wheel during manufacture)

IMO the best wheel to fit is a 13x7 ET-7 Superlight alloy wheel, not only do they look sexy but the centre enlingment of the alloy is set far back enough so that you have enough stud length poking out to attach the wheel correctly.....REVOLUTION WHEELS are set too far foward and swallow the studs up so you would need a hub adaptor to fit them.

When you plan on fitting a wheel not designed for your car you will come across issues and these would mainly be the PCD and the BORE SIZE.

I have searched and searched and rung sevreal companys asking if they make or sell a spigot ring that measure's 65.1-59.1.....and they dont..........so the best thing to do is the following.....................:-

RING:- CADES/612
NUMBER:- 08444 721 612
ASK FOR:- SPIGOT RINGS THAT MEASURE (65.1 to 60) ....and a set of WOBBLE NUTS to fit a micra.

Now as the spigot rings they sell are only a fraction bigger then what you need.....you will have to very slightly rub them down with sandpaper and trial fit them until snug.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to do this conversion.

I only wrote this as i think it save alot of asking questions e.c.t

Jas :blues: