microtech. ATTN: cisco

hi, i've tried to get a microtech computer for my micra, but microtech reckon they've never dun one before, how the hell did cisco get one then? did he just use one for an sr20? which model sr20 if so. before anyone jumps out and says that you can use a microtech on any car... you can't. each computer has a base map, and can only be inputed by microtech. thanks for any help

CMF_REDrocketRACIING

» CMF Member
hey, as far as know you can get a microtech computer for your car. ive been using one for 2 years now. and your right they are car specific. when i installed mine they even gave me specific diagrams to connect to the ecu! lol. maybe you got the new guy at the counter?

haha. have you got anymore details? what microtech model are you using? where did you get it from? a serial number if you could would be really helpful, then maybe i could say here, this computer has this map, and it works. thanks very much in advance

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
they might not have a base map for it

but i THINK the n15 1.6 base map should be ok to use, as the dizzy setups i think are similiar or practically identical

but you would need a tune straight away

what you also can do if ppl are nice enough on here is get the laptop dongle, send it to someone on the forum who has a microtech and get them to load their map on it, and send it back to you

thanks again for the help. do you think it might be a good idea to go and find a n15 1.6L dizzy and compare it to a micra one? sus out if they use the same number of wires etc... anyone willing to download a map for me? hoping for redrocketracing to get back to me as to which microtech he is using....thank you!

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
he had a diff throttle body and the base map..well its just a base map to get it started...obviously makes it easier..but since its for a micra you'll probably have to get the tuner to set it up from scratch.

that's what i did with my EMS ecu, no basemaps..all the settings in the ECU had to be configured.

also I had to modify the rotor disc in my dizzy for it to work.

Back