CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Out of curiosity, I put the sites old url into the wayback machine

www.archive.org

+

www.micra.hl.com.au

=

http://wayback.archive.org/web/20010715000000*/http://www.micra.hl.com.au

and it looks like I missed this sites 10th anniversary. I don't know what the exact date would have been, but the earliest post by Cisco I can find is from 1st Jan 2001...

Happy new year - Updated 1 Jan 2001 ! (My Micra section updated)

150kw turbo micra!
I was recently at Croydon Autosports in Sydney again checking out this micra that i've been keeping my eye on over the last couple of months. It is finally almost finished and is all running. This car is amazing.

Its a blue Super S 1.3 that has had about $14K thrown at it (the guy Croydon told me).

The result is a standard appearing micra with a slightly visible massive intercooler behind the bumper mouth thing.. It looks standard though.. It will shock the hell out of so many "fast" car owners with its 150kw/850Kg power/weight ratio! The nice Croydon's guy let me check it right out under the bonnet and had a good chat with me about it.. Specs that I know of are :-

-Garrett T25 High Flow Turbo
-Complete custom intake manifold / throttle body setup - extremely different looking to the standard one...
-Complete custom weird looking exhaust manifold.
-Big exhaust from the turbo back (3" i think, but forgot to ask)
-Enormous Custom made intercooler.
-Forged Pistons
-Microtech Engine Management Computer
-Lots of head work like porting and polishing etc.. They made the ports much bigger I think.

The result is amazing.. I would guess this car would do 0-100 in 6 - 6.5 secs but that's taking into account that its front wheel drive, and would have a hell of a time getting traction.. But you can't beat light weight.. Once it actually gripped.. it would massicre something like a 200sx 2 litre turbo.. Because it has 3kw more power and is 400-450kg lighter!!!

The guy said it will be in Fast Fours or Hot 4s magazine within the next month or two.. I will scan it in and put the whole article on the web site as soon as I get it.. Can't wait to see! But $14K - jesus.. I reckon it could be done a lot cheaper by getting all the work done by separate places and building the motor yourself and then just taking it to some big dyno performance place to tune the computer etc. STAY TUNED...

Pretty obvious that the SuperS Cisco is talking about went on to become BlueMonster... Where is it now? I know it was for sale early last year or something.

Got to love the enthusiasm way back then.

And I'm glad it is still going for most owners on this site too, with a lot of the regulars from when I signed up around 2004/2005 still appearing occasionally to post.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Haha..

... And people are surprised they get flamed for a $5,000.00 SuperS...

Are you sure you won't sell? Some serious nostalgia there.

I was offered to buy it about 2 years ago, however couldn't then. If I knew it was still for sale I'd have bought it in a snap..

Sean

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
And the blue Super S on ebay got sold for under 3K lol

Definitely some nostalgia there.

I still remember seeing Cisco's site early 2000's and being inspired to do stuff to my mums SLX back then.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
..Not to mention the canberra trip with craig/bosito, sean and 2 where we went to wakefield

memories!

funny thing is the whole 200SX thing! my S15 feels WAY faster than my micra ever did..shown by the strip results i guess.

13.7 vs 14.8

The micra was an awesome commodore/ford killer at the time though. If you kept up with silvias/wrx's they were happy to have a chat and were pretty surprised.

im spewing that the other hipo micra's never got a quarter mile time

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
bugger, would be good to know some benchmark times...
The only micra times I know at wakey are mine and Doug Wallace's rally car, both between 1:20 and 1:22... I'm hoping to do 1:16s in Mighty.

cisco

» CMF Member
Those were the days :) !

To kill the curiosity I originally bought blue monster for about $7500 off some guy in the blue mountains. It needed quite a bit of work, but still pulled fairly hard.

Over about 3 years I poured a total of about 50k into it (including purchase price) and then sold it for $20k cash in its final smooth running, reliable form. So it probably "cost" me around $30k to stuff around with for 3 years, but I just think of it as a home taught auto mechanics course! I was pretty happy and surprised with the final sale price though, I also got 2 other offers from the UK to buy it for around the same and have it shipped overseas!

But no, cars are not an "investment" are they :)

Lots of fun with you guys and awesome memories!!

PS see you back in Canberra soon Seano.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Are you heading back to Canberra permanently?

I've got a new toy that has 2 arms, 2 legs and a dummy that takes up most of my time, but I get to play with a few cool things at work to tide me over

Looking at Ralliaet Colts now, they're going for sub $15k!!

To further Cisco's comments; I spent $20k on Mighty not including purchase price and sold it for $11k at only 140,000 km.

So lol at these cars for $5k with higher k's!

Send me an email when you're back, sent you a PM with my details.

Cheers,

Sean

cisco WROTE:

"Those were the days :) !

To kill the curiosity I originally bought blue monster for about $7500 off some guy in the blue mountains. It needed quite a bit of work, but still pulled fairly hard.

Over about 3 years I poured a total of about 50k into it (including purchase price) and then sold it for $20k cash in its final smooth running, reliable form. So it probably "cost" me around $30k to stuff around with for 3 years, but I just think of it as a home taught auto mechanics course! I was pretty happy and surprised with the final sale price though, I also got 2 other offers from the UK to buy it for around the same and have it shipped overseas!

But no, cars are not an "investment" are they :)

Lots of fun with you guys and awesome memories!!

PS see you back in Canberra soon Seano.

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow congrats mate! That's awesome.. We'll have to catch up.

Colts are such a bargain considering how nice/fun they are to drive!

Yeah looks that way :p Looking forward to it..

Back