"Micra's are Crap"

I've got a 1.3i K11, and all my friend's say it's a #### car. For example... they say the looks are ####, that they're slow and just a pile of rusty #### metal.

Makes me so angry because, the K11 has so much potential and I honestly think it's such a sexy car. Should I just shoot my friend's brains out?

The Micra is not a cool car, your friends are right, however a modified Micra is different.
It becomes like any other modified car, unique and loved by it's owner.
So no don't shoot your friend, just make your car faster than his.

The Micra is my first car.. upgrading the engine would destroy my insurance. Although it sounds tempting... standard 1.3 is slow for me.

I wanna upgrade the body, just not sure where to start.

Exhaust has been done... I put a cherry bomb on it. Not too sure if that was wise. Was considering the Super S body kit + Spoiler.... Yummy.

start by finding new friends, they sound a complete set of numptys, as for the car, try subtle stuff like lowering/upgrading the suspension to make it handle better, strip out the interior to make it lighter therefore making it accelerate faster, a full janspeed exhaust adds a good few bhp, also a k&n panel filter in the standard airbox with improved cold air feed will make throttle response better. And please dont swear on the forum, the filters take it out but the mods will tell you off for it.

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can sort something out with my old man. Sorry about the swearing, it's just these 'friends' were really ticking me off.

Ignore your friends. The K11 1.3 engine was WAY ahead of its time in 1993, and still holds its own against much of the European crap some 14 years later, proof is in the fact the rally 1.3's can make upwards of 160bhp. Try getting that from any other small European engine.

I've got a 1.3i K11, and all my friend's say it's a #### car. For example... they say the looks are ####, that they're slow and just a pile of rusty #### metal.

Makes me so angry because, the K11 has so much potential and I honestly think it's such a sexy car. Should I just shoot my friend's brains out?

I get the exact same. I just tell them to go forth and multiply, ie 'f' off.

Even my twonk of a boss has the odd dig, mind you, he's a total car snob anyway. He soon shuts up when I tell him about the fuel consumption I get...:glare:

lol what a ###. my 1.4 has kept up with civic 1.6 vtec sports and a chavalier GSI 2.0 and considering my micra is standard id say its actually very quick with tonnes of potential. not sure if the 1.3 performs that good though

1.3 and 1.4 are about the same in standard form, 1.4 has a bit more power 1.3 is a good few kgs lighter, 30-40kgs lighter iirc.

as to your friends you'll always come across people with theses opinions, comes with the car having a granny stereotype. if you like it, at the the end of the day thats all that matters.:)

yeah its a micra, ran it at the pod lol you should have seen how much people laughed... but it beat a 1.6 fiesta's time lol... tbh im an attention whore anyway so i dont mind it

i want a super crazy micra... would be great to put a nissan pulsar engine in it..... tasty.

there's been a few 2 litre conversions here including 2 litre turbos, the most infamous would be little bandit, try a search on youtube for footage of Dave and this unbelieveable car.

or telling them that your car is built for track days.....

or that its faster (by quite a looong way) than a saxo VTR, or a Fiesta Zetec S, or any of the other mildly warm hatches from some of these chav companies.

the thing that gets me the most is that if you look at the honda V-tec engine, the ford Zetec engine or any of the Vauxhall engines they all have caps on the crank main journal bearings....

the micra engine doesnt, its got the same bottom end setup as aYamaha or honda bike engine and a formula one car... A very strong H beam brace across the crank bearings (same in the RB26DETT too)

i found this by stripping my engine down then looking randomly at spoon engine rebuilds on the net and they add the H beam to the honda B and D series engines to run them past 11000RPM.... "special bottom end srtreangthening is esential for anything over 9500rpm" is what they said.

and the micra has it allready..

nuff said

wearing a burberry cap in a fiat cinquecento will always be much cooler, for some reason... lol
Awh... I had a Cinquecento.. I MISS IT!! lol

Annnyway.. You want stick? Get a purple micra! I get away with it by askin for a race (Most of my friends have cars of the likes of 1.0Corsas' or Saxos') and obviously beatin em :)

I think the acceleration in a Micra is amazing compared to Clio's, corsa's etc. I dunno why but it feels almost 'go-karty'

micras can look good when modified, i bet your friends have got corsas a do not evade the swear filters saxos just like everyone else, the whole point in modifying is to personalise and be unique, At car shows and magazines all you see is saxos an corsas its boring, be different thats what its all about

i micra has as much right as any other car to be modified! whats modding about? beening diffrent! and a micra is diffrent to modifiy! 1.3's are pretty nippy! there not very good at top end but still quick for accel and good for corners, imo a very good car for a tight windy road! id start with uprating the suspension i.e shocks harder springs, whiteline uprated antirollbars etc. then move on to breathing a 4branch manifold should do nicely. after that get some uprated cams and have her mapped! and you have a fast road car!

if you mates drive, i bet there corsa's, saxos etc. corsa, I like STANDARD (sri gsi standard) saxo's well there the worst car ever made and i wouldnt wanna be anywhere near one in a crash...... the 1.3 super s (my fav model) has a bulletproof engine nice little features like electric windows and diffrent bumer with fogs. fair enough sills and x-members are a common fault but so is the interior lights (round the dash & clocks) on corsa's and saxo's 106's well, 'nuff said really! tell ya mates to sod off, i did, and when i modded mine (standard indecator custom mirrors, open grill, air filter, dvd player etc) they sharp changed there mind and said "ya know it looks kinda nice", it wasnt OTT and didnt look modded chav style.....

my micra then:-
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/R05_ltd_/Project carMi/clean1.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/R05_ltd_/Project carMi/oncar.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/R05_ltd_/Project carMi/clean2.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/R05_ltd_/Project carMi/Dvdscreen.jpg

sorry about the size of that last pic admin :)

All 4 were too big mate! - Arnold

just rough em up with mebee a 800-100 grit, just to scratch them (not to deep tho, will look poo) plasic primer them a couple times rubing down each coat with 1200-1400 grit wet&dry and 2-3 layers of colour, again on the top coat (once dry a day or so) rub again very lightly with as fine grit you can get 1600+ and then laqure them 2-3 times to lock in the paint as you could say......

p.s no i didnt spary them, thats what you get when a mate says "ill do it for cost of materials plus a favour" lol it look awful but i garentee a near bodyshop finish if you follow my above steps.

Back