Micra wont start

CMF_Jimjo

» CMF Member
hi guys,
Ive been running a lot of checks on my 95 micra 1L., since it decided not to start and have found out the following:
Good spark, in fact the car starts and runs when i spray petrol direct into the air intake.
I did the throttle re solder to no avail,
I ran the diagnostic on the ecu, it came up No malfunctions.
The fuses seem ok,
I think the problem is at the injectors because the fuel is pumping up that far but the injectors are not opening when the key is on. the common wire to them is ok but no activity on any of the individual wires thet run to the ecu
any ideas???

CMF_Jimjo

» CMF Member
Yes, you were bang on, the fuse was ok but corrosion causing lower current than needed so not easy to spot the problem. cleaned it up and presto! dont like admiting it was just a fuse after all that but hey, im back on the road.

thanks 4 the help, great site!

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Hey frank could this be a intermittent problem by any chance. Mine will start sometimes but sometimes it wont start............ Then leave it for 5 mintes come back out and try again and hey presto it starts. Got me stuffed what it is thought it could be a power supply problem to either the fuel pump or something to do with the injectors.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"Hey frank could this be a intermittent problem by any chance. Mine will start sometimes but sometimes it wont start............ Then leave it for 5 mintes come back out and try again and hey presto it starts. Got me stuffed what it is thought it could be a power supply problem to either the fuel pump or something to do with the injectors.

only if it then starts when primed with fuel down the T/B i guess
cant you borrow a dizzy from somewhere ?

frank

Back