2001 k11 1L wont start..

Plugs all good and sparking, fuel being supplied out of filter ok. The NATS light is on steady with ignition switched on, dunno if it stays on when running (obviously) Not a dicky bird when i turn the engine over.

I did change the standard rad/cassette for a new k12 one but that was yonks ago and no probs.

What do you reckon ? I dont know much about immobilisers but i would have thought the obvious way to stop the car from starting is in the ignition circuit but i vaguely remember reading it can cut off the injectors???

Also if the ecu is knackered, could i just buy a second hand one on ebay and stick that straight in ?

Might just have got wet the ecu. And no you can't replace it on its own. You would need the ecu, immu (black box on steering lock), and the little chip out of the same cars key. The ecu is right at the back of the centre console. It unplugs from the passenger side. Try Franks trick first.

I'll try that plmval-been a a bit out of action lately as i just gone and bust my wrist! Right- hand of course-horrible for a DIY mechanic

If it's that simple my luck has changed !!!

Back