Micra wont start when damp

Morning, just went to start my micra 1998 and I wont start, it only seems to happen when the weather is damp or cold, its been raining all night so its rather damp out. You can here the starter motor trying to engage but the engine wont turn other. I had the engine coolent senser changed in the winter, but the car only seems not to start when its damp. It also had a fall service im February

The only modifications ive done to it is an induction kit

Please help

If it has a distributor, remove the cap and wirebrush the white oxides off the 4 electrode points. Also check the rubber seal for the cap ain't perished or leaking water in.

Does it turn over or are you saying the starter dosnt seem to turn over or turns over slow ?

If its not turning over the same as in the dry i would suspect loose connection to starter motor ... damps causing it to be worse

If the engine doesnt turn over when damp its likely to be an alectrical connection issue ... check battery connections and check leads are tight on starter motor.

Check the fuses in the box next to the battery. They can corrode. The black cover unclips. It has a white printed picture of which fuses are which.

Back