Micra Tropic specification / immoboliser etc (special edition?)

Hi all,

I just got my first car - a Micra Tropic 1.0L 3dr. Very nice car actually, considering its age (1994). Dent/scratch free bodywork.

Is the Tropic a special edition model? I am having trouble finding much information about it. I would like to know if it has an immoboliser fitted (was it optional?), and how it differs from a normal 1994 K11 micra. I have 2 keys, one operates the doors/boot and the other operates the ignition. They both look the same apart from the cut on the blade. Any Tropic owners on here?

The only problem the car had was the wiper stalk switch was broken, but I was able to fix it - it works fine reassembled without the internal spring (it still clicks between the settings properly). Again due to the uniqueness of the Tropic model I was not able to obtain a replacement from any auction/part sites that was exactly the same! Other K11 micras from around the same time have different legends printed on the stalk and a different number of pins on the connector.

Finally I'd like to say thanks for all the useful information that has been posted on here already. I have already learned a lot I didn't know about the K11 micra series and cars in general.

Thank you

Back