Micra sport+ 1.4 2001 Check engine light came on. Please help.

Hi Guys,

I am glad I have found this forum. I wonder if you could help me figure out what is wrong with my Micra?
The light is come on in the middle of the motorway journey and still on. I have not noticed any new problems with it so far.
How bad could it be? I am thinking of trying to fix it myself as dealer would probably charge far too much...

From what I understood I will probably need a cable and software for diagnosing the problem. How can I tell exactly which cable do I need and where to find it?

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

hi woking, yours will be the eobd2 system, for which you can buy codereaders for (£30ish), or else take it to any garage to get the faultcode, and get back to us :) (2nd lambda sensors are pretty prone to fail, i believe)

Would lambda sensors be expensive/difficult to change?
Is the codereader just an interface cable to connect to PC or is it a device that will show code?

Would lambda sensors be expensive/difficult to change?
Is the codereader just an interface cable to connect to PC or is it a device that will show code?

try a search on "codereader" and "lambda", there,ll be a few threads on here :)

Hi Guys,

I just got back from mechanic he cleared out the engine light.
Error code was P0171 Fuel system too lean.
The light is not back yet.
He said if it comes back they will need to do some work to figure out what it is...

Hopefully not but if it will come back how can I find out what that is and how to fix it myself? I have heard there are some programs for fine tuning ECU and I would need the cable. How do I know which cable do I need? And where can I get the program? I believe it is called Nissan Data scan…

Thanks

0171 too lean - intake/exhaust leak, maf, fuel pressure/pump, injectors, lambda.
maybe one of the lambda sensors had a glitch ? :eek:

Hi Guys,

Me and my mate tried to clear the air intake sensor and sprayed al lot of injector cleaning spray in throttle body.
The car could not start for some time at first than was stalling for some time and then almost get back to normal. We assumed there was probably a problem with idle valve and sprayed a lot of WD40 in the throttle body to lubricate the valve...
My micra started stalling and stalling, check engine light came back on again. An now it just constantly stalls every time you slow down...
We thought we probably blocked the valve so we have taken that part off washed and cleaned valve nicely.
We have noticed the was a lot of oil (must be WD40) inside as you press the accelerator pedal fully we have done our best and cleaned it off where we could reach...
The problem did not go away car still stall on idle and when you slow down...

As I have read later lambda no not like oil and WD 40 probably killed it...

I need your advice guys how to proceed further... I Want start off with changing lambda but not sure if there still WD40 left inside the engine would it not kill the new lambda?
I am assuming it is the front lambda sensor the one you find under the bonnet am I right?
I want to take it to ordinary garage and they will change lambda for £95.
Nissan would charge 111+labor65+VAT!!!

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thank you

Update...

Just got back from mechanic. Looks like I got problem with air intake sensor and have to replace throttle body...
My model kind a rare one...

I just wondering if I find throttle body I can take off micra on scrape yard does it have to match my model not just K11 but the engine size as well?

In other words can I put throttle body from 1L model on my 1.4 model?
What about sensor itself will the sensor from about same age micra work on my model even if the engine size is different?

Can anyone recommend reliable place to get throttle body at affordable price?

Thank you.

That would be great. £40 i like the price...
Where can I get funny star key to take it off?
I have tried my standard stars and security one but they do not work...

That would be great. £40 i like the price...
Where can I get funny star key to take it off?
I have tried my standard stars and security one but they do not work...

yeh, a daft bloody 5 sided key is,nt it :suspect: ? ...........dunno :p

Back