Help, Engine Check Light Flashing! Car starts for 5secs then dies

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi all

Im fed up with my second micra, My stupid little SR wont work properly. I have 2 major problems with it and here they are:

(1) Well the car starts then dies after 6 secs!!!! The engine check light keeps on flashing continuasly (Sorry about the spelling). This just happened because i was checking the fuses because the back lights wouldnt work. I did some research on "engine Fault codes" on this website and tried to bridge the connections to find out the fault code BUT NOTHING. This car is my secondary and want to get it fixed so i can sell it off! I havent called the RAC or bothered to call a mechanic because the last time this happened my mechanic charge me £40 to change an engine temp sensor! Im new to this electrical stuff and im well steamed up about it!!!!! Hope some one can help!

(2) My second problem is that where the boot hinges are, the wiring there were cut (yes all of them, have no idea how) Because of this the rear wiper and lights wouldnt work. I connected them back and still dont work! Have no idea what the ****:mad: is wrong!

Btw this car is a 1996 1.3 SR with Nats key fob

I really need some help but im so strapped for cash i cant even do anything!

hope anyone can help
Thanks in advance all

happened to me turned out the nats system had kicked in towed car to nissan dealers who lightened my wallet by 97 quid to re code key.......if its the nats 1 system it can be disabled according to other sites....

dont know how to disable the nats. all i know is by reading other threads in other sites that the nats 1 system is easy to bypass more so than the nats 2 system....for nats 1 on a primera i found this.......
Find and remove the NATS immu, behind glove box.
disconnect and link the following wires.
1&2
5&6
7&8

3&4 leave off.
you should now have disconnected your nissan antitheft.
it might help you it might not.................worth a gamble i would think

thanks again

I just looked behind the glovebox and found nothin?!?!
Now im stomped. Dont know what i can do to get this car going again?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

said it was for a primera you would need to locate the nats box in the micra!
when i was looking at our lasses micra it had a black box in front of the ecu unit on my micra this box isint present mine been a 97 hers a 95 someone here will tell you were the nats box is im sure of it, but they will most likley ask you to become a member first........

I have found a black box in front of the ECU underneath the heater thingy labelled NISSAN ACU?? <----- What the h*** is this? many wires go into this box and i even tried with those wires out of that box but still the SR wont start?

any more suggestions japseye?
Thanks for all the info so far!!!!!

There are ways of bypassing the nats. First you need to know what nats syatem is fitted to your car.
nats 1 has the key fob (black with lock and unlock buttons)
nats 2 onwards will have a red or blue chip in the key by the key blade. (this syatem is very hard to bypass as it runs through the ecu and control units)
on a micra K11 with nats 1, depending on factory or accessory fitment, you can simply unplug the nats loom and control unit, and connect the origanal loom back in. where this is i dont know

borowed from another forum

I have a key fob with blue and red button Nats 2 I think! what can i do to stop this from stopping my engine starting and running more then 6 secs?

thanks japseye, you have helped quite a lot

nice idea Arnold, just one more question: Which micra's have none nats? Would the Basic 1996 1.0L Shape micra ECU be ok? and would the central locking work with that ECU on my SR? im asking cuz i have a 1.0 Shape that im also doing up for my mom.

Is changing the ECU an easy job, just match the wires?

Im gonna try that on wednesday when im off for holiday and see if it works! Thanks Arnold

thanks for the idea all you guys, i kinda gave up and thought id try swopping the engine temp sensor from my 1.0 shape to my 1.3 SR to see if it works.

I swopped the 1.0 temp sensor to the 1.3 SR and vice versa and the 1.3 SR works lol - seriously that 1.3 SR is a little funny! the other stupid thing is that the engine temp sensor that alegdly (stupid spelling i know) didnt work for my SR work on my 1.0 shape! Weird!!! or maybe it was cuz i took the battery off the SR for about an hour. I really dont know what i did but it worked

What do you all think about this stupid, funny, weird fluke???fwn

Thanks anyway for all the info, apprecriate it!

Back