Micra Milestone. *300,000k's * Yayyyy

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Just clocked over the 300,000 k's this evening.
Car is now 12 yrs old and still running fine.

Total failures over all this time/miles are:
one alternator
One headlight plastic (repaired)
Two rear brake cylinders
And just now the right hand CV is getting noisey.
Drivers side external door handle cracked (replaced)

That's it. Useing NO oil.
Starts first time every time.
Original clutch/gearbox, although clutch nearly out of adjustment now.

Micras rule, why would you bother to go into debt for another small car??

Mychael

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Well there you go! 300,000kl and still going strong.Original timing chain and all.Mike drives his cars hard but big differance between hard driving and flogging a car.
Well done mate. No doubt that the Micra K11 is overall a solid well built car with a terrific motor.
Still reckon it leaves a lot of more recent small cars for dead.

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
That is seriously awesome. That could make us all think even longer term about keeping our micra's.
Mipcar could put a jap motor in there, eventually, and be the first to click over a million kays. Possibly. :)

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Geoff W WROTE:

"That is seriously awesome. That could make us all think even longer term about keeping our micra's.

Mipcar could put a jap motor in there, eventually, and be the first to click over a million kays. Possibly. :)

Well I reckon that unless something unforseen happens, then based on the cars condition at 300,000k's that I could reasonably expect it to make 400,000 without too much worry. I'll be fixing the CV joint next week and I guess I can expect the other one to go at some stage. The clutch might last another 10,000k's.
Trim and paintwork has held up very well also.

Mychael

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
Yeah, the memories geoff.... no faded paint, check. got a bit of rust either side near front bumper underneath. I'm thinking of getting a whole front panel section from the uk, not sure if that's wise?

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Trouble is when you have a car for so long like my Micra, and it's given so much fun and sterling service and achieved such a respectable mileage, you actually start to worry about it more and hope nothing happens to it.
I'd really like to see just how far/how long these cars can last if properly cared for.

Mychael

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Congratulations Mychael! That is a huge achievement and with so few problems.Not even a throttle body issue! As you say, the older and rarer they become, the more you worry about them and the more irreplacible they become. I once saw an auto SLX for sale with approximately 315000km on the clock but that had really had it. I think it was on its third CVT transmission, second motor and had been extensively thrashed as a courier vehicle yet it was still going, tough little buggers these Micras! Congrats again Mychael and wishing you many many more happy Km's of trouble free motoring in your little beauty.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Thanks "M5".. Who knows we might one day be able to make a sub group of Cisco's Micra Files. It could be the 300k club.
Open only to owners of cars with that mileage, still registered and going and with the original motor and gearbox.
Junior members could be 200k cars.. lol.

Mychael

Back