Micra K11 Tailgate Removal - 3/5 door the same?

Hi,

The tailgate on my mothers 1993 K11 (3 door) Micra is bubbling with rust and I would like to swap it over for her.

First of all, are the tailgates for the 3/5 door the same, or are they slightly different shapes?

How easy is it to replace the tailgate, is there a handy guide somewhere or can someone walk me through it?

Regards

Matthew(Y)

i think they are the same. why dont you see if you can just sort the one you got. or get someones who knows about cars to help you out.

its easy mate 4 bolts out of the hinges and un latch the dampers which holds the boot open then reverse or take off the roof lining and two nuts at the back then the boot and hinges come off togeather

its easy mate 4 bolts out of the hinges and un latch the dampers which holds the boot open then reverse or take off the roof lining and two nuts at the back then the boot and hinges come off togeather

what about the wiring loom in the hatch?

you need to unclip the connection at the rhs of the rear window if your standing from the outside. then pull it through where the grommet is at the top of the bootlid. and to refit it, use a piece of string with a weight on the end, feed it through the bootlid and once its through tie the end on and pull it through

aye, ya need to disconnect and unclip the rear wiper, reg plate light, boot latch light switch and central brake light if fitted and then feed the loom outa the boot hatch, unbolt the old hatch, bolt up the new one and try to feed all the dangly loom back through the narrow hatch opening.

if its just a small bubbling i'd personally just repaint it. less labour, cost, and swearing

Thanks all for the replies. (Y)

Like everyone said, simple job although the wiring looms for our 1993 car and the 1995 tailgate were slightly different, but managed to get around that.

Back