K11 Front Wings - Same for 5 and 3 Door?

Morning all, first post here so hopefully I'm in the right place and doing the right thing.

Have a M reg 95 K11 1.0 3 Door which needs new wings, grille and black (non colour coded) bumper.

I can see a 5 door being scraped with all the necessary bits but was unsure if the front wings are same size for 5 door and 3 door.

Would appreciate confirmation from someone more skilled than me please.

Car is low milage and was in super shape until it met with a 5 series BMW in the wrong way!

Many thanks in advance for the help

Yes this wings are the same on 3 or 5 door. Any wings from Micras 1993-1998 (Prefacelift) Will fit

I have a replacement wing that I'm trying to replace with a better quality part, and this I have noticed that the pillar section seems wider than the pillar and the original wing on the other side.
I 'assumed' it was due to being 3 door part fitted to a 5 door (though it may just be a bad wing).

So when you get your parts, can you give us a heads up if they are definitely the same - at lease there!

Cheers.

Hi AutoBiscuit .... yes is part of the reason I thought to check.

Our 95 (m) Micra was perfect (no accidents or bumps) but got lent to a friend for a couple of months who plowed it into the back of a solicitor can you believe? Not such a big hit but enough mash up the front panels and cross bonnet brace. I bought a new cross piece, bonnet, color coded bumper and grille (from same year car) assuming it would be a lego box fix. But they were all just a bit out....not so much as to make the job impossible but out nevertheless.

I think there was a very small change at that time. The grille design changed fractionally but enough to make the fit a little different. Same for the colour coded bumper as opposed to the original black one. So is why I thought to check the wings....one has rusted badly so I have bought new wings / grille / bumper from an exact match car. I'm going to spray them up off the car and then bolt it together.

Thought it just best to check before repeating the same mistake. Will be a few weeks before I'm planning on doing the work but for sure will come back and let you know

All the best.

I have a replacement wing that I'm trying to replace with a better quality part, and this I have noticed that the pillar section seems wider than the pillar and the original wing on the other side.
I 'assumed' it was due to being 3 door part fitted to a 5 door (though it may just be a bad wing).

So when you get your parts, can you give us a heads up if they are definitely the same - at lease there!

Cheers.
AutoBiscuit hi there.....way later than I'd hoped but did the wings & front end rebuild and the parts fitted a treat off the 5 door one to the 2 door.

Many thanks to all who helped and advised ..... was a good call to buy the parts. The guy at the breakers was a star and took the bits off, taped the screw s and bolts together and helped me load them....all for £40. Not bad eh?

Thanks again....hope the update is of use to anyone unfortunate enough to rearrange their front end like we did.

Back