Micra Hovercraft

Inlet manifold

22112009114.jpg

Anyone know what the double chamber is on the left?

i think you will find the twin port on the inlet is an EGR (Exhaust gas Recirculation) inlet from the exhaust, mine has been blocked with a metal plate when the EGR system was removed, you can get this manifold without this port on, i have one if you need it ;)

Steve

Doesnt work at the mo, have stripped it down to reprotect it from the elements, seawater and aluminuim dont mix to well!!! Hopefully sorted spring/summer!

The double port:

Im not sure about this but heres a theory...

Background:
on my head on the exhaust side, I have an extra port as part of port 2 or 3.....this is blocked up during manufacture but i'm told that this is where EGR gasses would be taken from if this head was cast for egr.....

Theory:

one of the double inlet ports could be for coolant...like you said earlier..... to circulate (to warm up those parts of the inlet as soon as possible during warm up...<in the same way as the other water galleries in the inlet>)....the other part of the double port could be egr if it were fitted

may be you have a non-egr head with an egr inlet m/f?

rich

Yeah i think now that someone has filled it with some substance to block it off but im sure it was radweld! It also has a steel blanking plate across the chambers so i think there was some kind of valve there originally!!

Back