K10 inlet manifold and torque curve

Hi! My first post on here so please be gentle!
I own a K10 engine but its not in a car but on a hovercraft and i have 2 questions regarding it!
On the inlet manifold on the top is small access panel, inside there are 2 chambers, one is part of the inlet and the other part im not sure about, is it water chamber?? I went to guildford nissan where i didnt find out anything and couldnt get a gasket for it! Anyone with any knowledge or pics please let me know!
Also, has anyone got a torque curve diagram for the 998cc engine?

Cheers

Hoverbover!

hi hoverbover (Y)
there is a water gallery on the inlet manifold, iirc it exits via a small steel pipe and enters via a 5th port in the head :)
and a pic of your beast would be interesting

hi,

would be very interesting to see a blog on this :D

cant you make a gasket from some compound paper and cut it out, thats all im doing for all my gaskets and they all seem to work ok :D

hi hoverbover (Y)
there is a water gallery on the inlet manifold, iirc it exits via a small steel pipe and enters via a 5th port in the head :)
and a pic of your beast would be interesting

Frank, Im sure the steel tubes are VAC...

The water galleries in the inlet manifold are connected directly to the head when the manifold is mated to the head (in the same way as the 4 mixture inlets mate up).

The water gallery is hilighted in the pic here (please excuse the wizards nitrous injector...lol)

so the water heating (for a faster warmup only!) only quick-heats runners 1 & 4 and the carb throttle body......runners 2 & 3 have to catch up later...lol

All of the steel pipe connections on the inletmanifold are vacuum connections for sure.

any nissan main dealer can get a hold of gaskets...IIR the mf to head pair are about £12 and the mf to spacer.....is about £6 ...and so is the spacer to carb....I think

PLEEESE post a photo of your K10-A-CRAFT??

rich

Attachments

• 100_3706.jpg
    100_3706.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 314
the steel water pipe is fitted to the sandwich block rich (below the carb) :)

Sorry, Yes!

here' a picture of it for clarity.

nice one Frank (sorry for any confusion guys) :)

apologies for wobbly hilighting hand on this one...lol

Rich

Attachments

• 100_3701small.JPG
    100_3701small.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 279
Back