micra engine project

hi

lookin for sum advice and help im lookin to put a 200sx s13 engine into my k11 any ideas on wat mounts to use to do this?

fuzzy

please do a search on the forum, there are a couple of projects about at the moment with different engine conversions,
none of which are easy.
they will cost £000's of pounds and are all custom,
the easiest one is the ga16de from a primera, using the bottom brace from the primera the rest is vertualy bolt up, custom driveshafts are needed and some tweeking of the mounts..

not a job for the feint hearted. and its been covered before.

if you are wanting to make it rwd i.e chosing the 200sx engine. i wouldnt even bother! if you plan doing it yourself and thinking its a weeks job think agian. it will cost ££££ to do it yourself and maybe a years or mores work..and if you get someone to do it for you it will cost you £££££££££££'s.

its ok if you are a millionaire! lol

Not plannin on makin it rear wheel drive want front wheel drive was thinkin bwt runnin a primera 2litre box or primera... AWD r maybe goin to do it for a couple of grand for makin it 4wheel drive but there wantin 2 complete cars to do it nd always wasntin to make it a sponsor car:grinning:

you will be looking at alot of money for this project and it is a lot of work, in theory it can be done but you will be pushed for space.

thing is with all these engine convertions is that you can have as much power as you like in the front, i have seen 400bhp micras, but there is no point if you cant get it to the ground. in my opinion there is not much point putting in anything bigger than a 1.6. if the 1.6 isn't powerful enough for you then turbo it.

my 1.6 lost tracktion on brand new tyres in 3rd gear, you start putting in huge engines you will damage the handling of the car. i have noticed when you shift the weight around in a micra (strip the back big engine in the front) they handle horribly and it is not hard to loose the back end even at 20mph on a round about.

there is more to a car than just stupid power, there is handling and braking as well. take all 3 into consideration when building a high performance car or you will end up with a dangerous car that performs poorly.

Not plannin on makin it rear wheel drive want front wheel drive was thinkin bwt runnin a primera 2litre box or primera... AWD r maybe goin to do it for a couple of grand for makin it 4wheel drive

Good luck!!

Primera awd? Never knew that existed. Otherwise you'd need a Pulsar setup if you want to use the SR20 engine. The pulsar transfer box does not fit onto the standard primera block. Already tried & tested with my conversion.

Back