Clutch problem

Hi (What a day).

I own a 2006 K12 with just 64000 miles on the clock and has had a recent major service a few months earlier, I've owned the car for a little over 5 months and only used it for social purposes.

Today I exit the motorway after a 40 minute journey, and whilst in 5th I was unable to press down the clutch. So I had to apply further brake to stall the engine and get it to stop (it was a pretty scrary moment and glad I had enough gap to the car slowing ahead).. After a few tries of the clutch I managed to get it into first before limping to a safe refuge (Mcdonald's) down the road.

Whilst parked I noticed a dark cold wet patch under the engine or inbetween the wheels, and the clutch will not press down (a lot of resistance) but luckily I had the gear in neutral. At that point the AA was called and I was towed to the nearest garage.

(Just to add, I did notice some vibration in the pedals and steering wheel on my motorway journey, unless this is normal).

Any idea what had failed and what will needs replacing? The garage is busy and will be unable to attend the car for well over 10 days.

Sounds like your slave cylinder’s gone (or master cylinder, not 100% sure).
You could get a cheap replacement slave cylinder for about £25, and a master cylinder for about £35 if you use the AUTODOC app.

Back