Clutch problem with K10

R

rod

My 1.2 micra has a problem. The clutch has been a bit "fragile" for a while.
Now with the engine running it is not possible to engage any gear from neutral. This has never happened to me with a car before. What has happened, what is my best plan please ?
Rod ( in Crete ).

When my clutch died I could still drive around with it slipping... it was quite ummm "fun" up hills, where you had to hold the throttle at some kind of compramise between car speed and clutch slip :p

Never had a problem getting it into gear though, and just so you know my clutch was completely shot, driving around with it slipping on its rivets, metal on metal.

So maybe its the cable, maybe its the clutch? Dunno. :glance:

lots of threads bwt this, mine is a k11 but guess problem will be similar, check the clutch arm with your hand, if you move it and it goes back to position it could quite pos be the cable........if it doesnt i would guess its the clutch kit itself - this is the posti made in the other thread:
I had a similar problem with my k11, was sitting at a junction on the a66 and had my clutch down and my hand break on, suddenly my car starts inching forward, i thought eh!!

couldnt get it in gear so had to leave it and get a lift home with a mate, went back for it later with a recovery truck

in the end i got it home changed the cable but there was nothing wrong with the cable **(so rod am guessin you can rule it out)** and had to buy a new clutch kit - that wasnt all though - a tooth off the pressure plate had punctured the gearbox housing so that was p*****g out oil like there was no tomorra - so needed a new one of them 2

so be carefull!!!
looking at it i think it was in another thread started by you "rod"
hope it helps anyway

Jon

Back