metal bar in the middle of carb

i have just removed my airbox on my car how the hell do i unscrew the betal bar in the cetner of the throttle body i am trying to fit an induction kit and catn get this bar off

i have just removed my airbox on my car how the hell do i unscrew the betal bar in the cetner of the throttle body i am trying to fit an induction kit and catn get this bar off
what?
hope your not talking about the butterfly valve in the center?
101_0278.jpg

What would you want/need to take that off for?

vertital bar

no its a staight vertical bar that the standard air box screws on to i cant remove it

the bit that holds down the top of the airbox screws onto this its a 4inch piece of steel in teh middle of the carb with a threaded top

no its a staight vertical bar that the standard air box screws on to i cant remove it

the bit that holds down the top of the airbox screws onto this its a 4inch piece of steel in teh middle of the carb with a threaded top
lol silly me your talking about the K10 hence the Name and being in the K10 general discussion...
i had to do this on my old K10... it is a pain.
this was mine afterwards....
May2.jpg

if i remember correctly they are just threaded in so you just need to get a real good grip of it and unscrew...

yeah just grab a bolt from somewhere if you havent got one and shove it in the pipe if you don't plug it or re-route it your engine will run bad probably.

Back