March Superturbo engine swap

mohammed

Ex. Club Member
hello everyone just wanted to know does a March Superturbo engine fit into a k11 facelift. if yes do u have to change anything and what bhp do they come standard. help would be nice thanks

Any engine can fit an any car mate, its just how much work you are willing to do.
Do you have a superturbo engine ??? if you dont I think youll have bother getting one.
I think its 108 bhp the ma09ert has. 0-60 7.7. but really rare.
were you not asking about the almera engines last week???

my mate got a jap break. he probably get me a March Superturbo engine for me and with the almera its too slow i drove the car. i want my car to be fast and handle wright

not much but if i start to do things to this engine then theres no point putting in another engine what do you think

its not all about he engine, firstly I would get asmuch weight out of the car as you can, back seats spare wheel ect, all this helps both handling and speed.
With regards to handling again you can start getting good tyres strut braces and bushes, new shocks and springs, and see how they feel before you start thinking about a different engine.
It depends what your plans are for the 1400?

personally i was gona get cams, cat back exhaust system, quad trottle body, pulsar fuel pump bigger injectors, chip it and remap it. then i'm think if i'm gona do all that i might aswel get a different engine but i like my engine. what would u do mate

An MA09ERT is 81kw standard. As stated you can fit any engine in if you are willing to put in the work.

I dont want to try and disuade you from going for a MA09 conversion coz I love these engines. But realistically this would be a conversion that would require a lot of patience and work. Sure you stand to make good power runs but you can also get good power runs from a lightly boosted suzuki 1.3efi (Ie 9psi) or a charade gtti engine. Good luck with whatever you do.

You can do/get done some fairly easy mods to make gains on your engine.
Decent induction kit & decat free flow exhaust will make a difference.A ligtened & balanced flywheel will make more plus you get to fit a new clutch while you're there.
Injectors are often forgotten,they build up debris over the years & need servicing/or replacing with bigger.You can send yours off & get them serviced.
If you want to get more involved you can get the head modified,bigger valves,gas flowed etc..It never ends..
Best to spend your money on suspension & brakes first & you'll easily out-perform all the Clio/Punto/Corsa rivals anyway...

Hi mate, if you can get Jap break cars then go for the Pulsar VZ-r Neo2. It has a 1.6 vvl engine putting out 200bhp as standard!
That is the one you want if you want a project.

personally i was gona get cams, cat back exhaust system, quad trottle body, pulsar fuel pump bigger injectors, chip it and remap it. then i'm think if i'm gona do all that i might aswel get a different engine but i like my engine. what would u do mate

I would'nt say you need bigger injectors unless your boosting the engine

iirc its a jap spec GA16 with a 'V-TEC' type system on it.

Its actually an SR16VE

As regards putting in an MA09ERT into a k11 I'd say it would be cool but everything must be addressed brakes ,suspension etc otherwise it would be like driving a cloud with 108hp lol

I wouldn't even think about putting a MA09 engine into a K11. Its pointless. Nissan don't make any engine parts for the MA09 any more. Spares (even headgaskets) are no longer made, Its much easier to get the power from a 1.6 almera engine. (stock March ST's don't even feel that fast)

i need a engine that fits straight in with out a problem. probably adjusting little bits and bob's is ok. any suggestion

Nothing will. You have the coil pack K11. Its out on its own and whatever you put in it will need playing about with.

i need a engine that fits straight in with out a problem. probably adjusting little bits and bob's is ok. any suggestion

Why didn't you say, you should try this then;
SR20VET
The 2.0 L (1998 cc) SR20VET was the first turbocharged engine from Nissan with variable timing and lift control. It produces 280BHP @ 6400 rpm and 309 nm @ 3200 rpm.
It is used in the following vehicles: Nissan X-Trail GT

Just a few bits and bobs needed. :wasntme:

my mate got a jap break. he probably get me a March Superturbo engine for me and with the almera its too slow i drove the car. i want my car to be fast and handle wright

Of course the Almera will be somewhat slow.. It's a whole different story if you was driving the Micra with a GA16.

I wouldn't bother breaking a March Super Turbo just to put the engine in a Micra. The Super Turbo should be left if it is in good condition or if it is able to be fixed. They have LSD on them, and weigh very little. No point destroying a good little car.

There has to be another 100kgs in a k11 so a stock ma09ert would not feel that quick.Plus the engine are not as refined as the cg motor and if the tappets are not set right it can sound like a skeleton wnaking in a biscuit tin

Back