March cup computer setup

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
i have the Euro version dated A1-06/2003 installed. But i also have discs A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 EL1 EL2 ER of the older version which has the Japanese / JDM models i think. But i have uninstalled those currently, i'm guess your using the JDM version? so there is no point in me installing the JDM version. That part number for the dizzy dosn't come up in the euro FAST program. But the first sequence of letters is common to most GA16 or SR20/DE/DET/DI, Juat the last digits don't match anything,

Alex

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
I have four of those coils sitting at home. They are common on the australian FWD SR20.

Extra wires.. the one with the eylet clearly looks like an earth, esp crimped up like that.

the first thing I would do would be dismantle that loom completely, and check which pins each wire goes into on the ECU, it's not hard, It's just time consuming. you can always re-tape the loom back up later.

Does the K11 have a oil pressure sender wire? (that will be a single wire usually with plug on it)...

easiest way is just to dismatle the loom and check the pinouts, will save you a lot of probs.

unless the computer has somehow been modified for map sensor input (highly doubt it), then you need to get yourself an AFM, there's a few different regular SR20 AFM's too (much like the ones in the above pics).

It seems the setup requires that the AFM sit before the TB, say, where the pod filter would be. again like that pic above. most GA16/SR20's are all like this afaik.

fun fun fun

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
my brother has a 4g63 mitsu loom and computer here. Rather than disassemble the loom, he just hooked up the 12v from a spare battery and then used a multimeter to find out what was what. just be sure you put some tape on each wire/plug adn write what it is on the tap.

Alex

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
normally i would expect to see the ecu as a direct replacement, some of the more complicated ecu's i have seen however are not this simple, but usually come with a loom adapter, i very much doubt you will be able to get a pin out for the nismo ecu to confirm its standard k11, but i would assume it is.

another problem is the extra wiring, do you know its all there? i doubt it will be an easy fit, and ideally you need to get in contact with someone who removed / fitted this to ensure it all goes back together.

another problem could be ecu compatibilty, that ecu is the japanese later model ecu, if your original ecu is an early model, then there is loom differences, ie not ecu loom but wiring loom, this can cause issues

another issue is what airflow metering it uses, i know some japanese tuners who can convert to throttle position rather than maf, and some who change to map, some can even use both! but even if it is maf, it could be a choice of many afm, sr20 det z32.....

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
here are some pictures of the wires. there are four plugs. left to right.

Attachments

• 10318.jpg
    10318.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 30

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
thats not any uk type spec, so its certainly late k11 japanese spec, or perhaps a varient.

what type ecu do you have in the car at the minute?

is it the type with the screws on the side or top?

year / model

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
the thing that would concern me is you have set of wires on the ecu plug, the normal cg plug has about 50 inputs / outputs, you have about 30 on yours, and that doesn't look like a full loom to me, i would unwrap all the wires and check they all connect to something, i think is this is ment obviously for a race series, which would be completely striped of anything not needed, and the normal loom has been completely removed and replaced with this, with only whats needed, but i personally think some things may be missing.

the late and early ecus are different, and the wiring to them is, this is the case on both the uk early and late, and the japanese early and late.

check all the pins go somewhere, try and let us know what is attached to where and what isn't, and i'll help you out as much as i can.

is there no way you can open the ecu, i may be able to tell if its based on the normal cg ecu, or something else.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
it would be nice if i was cluey about this sort of stuff. hmmm... do you think i can keep my aircon? if i cant, i probably wont bother fitting it! i need my a/c! what other things do you think they would have gotten rid of?

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
perhaps, it would require some extensive wiring, plus when you use your aircon, the ecu varies various setting, these would obviously be defunct, plus you dont know when the nismo map is like, i'd be wary about running anything but the nismo ecu as it should be

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
standard ecu plug, for the early k11's is two rows of 9-8-7-8 pins, where as that is two rows 8-6-10-8, and its the revised ecu type, which has a different pin layout anyway.

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
some japanese ecu tuners can remove the maf sensor completely, so the ecu uses the throttle position sensot (tps) to calculate load, i have nearly got this working myelf, so i am sure nismo could do it.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hey pete... i just read the japanese description again.... it says that the harness has been modified to keep the aircon! does it look like it has been done?

Attachments

• 10493.jpg
    10493.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 27

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
does it even matter if you break the seal? it's not like you can return the ECU for warranty right?

I'd be busting that open and seeing how it's been modified (daughterboard) and go from there.

get it to my local rom tuner to dump the map off it and analyse what's been done to it (afm? no afm, etc)....

then I'd build a new wiring loom from scratch, with only what you need included in the wiring. it's neater, and gives you piece of mind.

you can do it :)

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
ghetto, you have a point and youre totally right. however, its not so much the warranty im concerned about, its just that if i were to pass it on to anyone, i could verify its authenticity. i really dont know if this will be the computer for me as yet. if i decide its not, i would move it on, and i suppose unbroken seals would be a selling point. i know what you mean though. i so want to break them open too! the loom looks factory though. its not really that untidy. i just got to know what the loose wires are for, thats all.

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
if its daughterboard id be happy to take a look though, id see what load sensoring device it uses, id even transfer the rom onto a standard ecu like yours if you wanted... for the cost of the board, or take it to a tuning shop who can do nissan rom tuning.

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member
there is a series question GTR...
do u drive ur k11 daily?
if yes , i'll suggest u forget this set !!
if not and just want ur k11 a monster , that's ok !!
but you'll need some parts more:
312deg/in 280deg/ex ,8.35mm cam shaft
nismo forged piston/rod
>=10000 rpm balanced crank shaft
0.5mm nismo gasket......
idle will more then 2000rpm

on this set won't need o2 sensor and maf, the harness on coil is for tach meter,but other i'm not sure cause it's not design fo "ROAD" neither for sale !!

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
"on this set won't need o2 sensor and maf, the harness on coil is for tach meter,but other i'm not sure cause it's not design fo "ROAD" neither for sale !!"

thought so

Back