Nismo March Cup Computer

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Hi all, i still havent bought my micra yet, but i am starting to collect parts as i come accross them. I was going to buy this from my buyer in japan the other day, but i thought id run it past you guys first, as i am still a newbie and dont know much about the k11 (other than the fact that its F#$king hard to find a super S!) From what i understand the super s is no different from the lx in the engine department right? i came accross a march cup ecu, 1500cc(total) worth of injectors, distributer and leads, hks pod filter and big throttle. the nismo ecu is apparrently programmed to run these items. would it be hard to install these items? can anyone see any problems running this package? I run a apexi power fc in my gtr and i noticed that the japanese base maps have heaps of timing, which will cause knocking. Will this be a problem in this case running our 98 octane fuel?

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
can anyone tell me anymore from the photos? to the members who buy from japan, are these hard to come by? i often see cams too, from mulholland and tomei, sometimes nismo. any recomendations here? what did they use in the march cup? and did they race the 1300's or 1000's? anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

oh and is there anyone here in brisbane that wouldnt mind meeting up and showing me their micra? just want to share some ideas, opinions and info on mods thats all.
cheers
thanks in advance!

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Hey there, just be 100% certain that its for 1.3Lt CG13DE not the 1.0Lt. Its for race so you would think it would be 1.3Lt, but it may have been for a certain class? under 1Lt?, otherwise yes, super rare, definatly worth picking up. Whereabouts are you in qld? there a few members around brissy and south of, i think im the lone sole on the northside though,

Alex

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi all, thanks for your responses. being a skyline driver, i feel that this really is a friendly forum, not full of know it all toss pots like im used to. i live on the west side of brissy. indooroopilly kenmore way. any micra owners out this side of town? if there are please sing out and feel free to buzz me! i see a few here and there, but they seem to be shopping carts.

youre right sss. it is for the 1L. but the previous owner used it on the 1300 with those parts and noticed a substancial improvement in torque.

anyone got anything to say on the fuel/timing issues?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
It will definately run on the 1.3L but probably not at full efficiency.

In your area I think that Raj is probably closest to you (new2micra). But he's pretty busy all the time with uni i believe.

Em and I want to organise another brissy meet up in the next month or so because we've had so many new brissy members join up. We'd really like as many people as possible to come along. The last one was an absolutely smashing success with the lovely scenic drive to Redland Bay and then the follow up BBQ with drinks. To think it was only an experiment as well. Ha. :)

Cheers

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
that would be sweet. i dont own a micra yet though. :( really excited to get one soon though. just looking for the right one. (super s) :p Thinking i would do up an engine before i buy the car. any rough ideas on costing? buying a second hand engine is around 2-400 dollars right? pistons? rods? i dont want to turbocharge. just ball tearing NA. oh... i also found this. its what they use in the NISMO MARCH N2 RACES. Ten mm wider tread on each side.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
The ECU for the 1.3L would probably dump a bit more fuel than the 1L would for starters i think...

gtrholic - thats why you have a contact in japan who rounds up lots and lots of parts and puts them all into one big container. Cheaper to do it that way then to bring it all over bit by bit.

See if your supplier can find an AWD K11...

Back