March cup computer setup

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi all, as you probably all know i bought a new computer setup for the micra. my question is that the throttle body i got with this setup does not have an afm like the standard micra throttle body. does this setup look like it bypasses this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
it doesn't have a maf?

all i can suggest is plugging it all in, and trying it, i am currently working on a mafless ecu setup, i could imagine nismo already have it sussed.

if not contact the seller and ask what maf should be used, if it is mafless, by the nature of the changes made, you may find problems when driving on the street under normal conditions, and i would also get the a/f ratios checked

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Yep failing that it is possible Nismo programmed into the comptuer to read the signals from another AFM - most likely an SR20DE/T or even GTiR SR20DET AFM. Mabye even something larger like a Z32 300ZX VG30DE/TT afm.

Those are the most common used with modifying 4cyl nissan motors anyway!

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
I think he bought it through auctions, it was probably just pulled out of a wrecked racing k11 by someone, sold on yahoo to gtrholic's friend in japan and then sent to him here in australia.

I think the chances of getting a good answer would be rather slim - but thats just me being pessimistic!! :p

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi all, yes it is a complete rewire. the harness is included. the computer looks different to that of a normal micra. dont know what the go is there. sorry micrapete, i really dont want to pull the ecu apart cos it has the "void if removed" nismo stickers still intact. its just for the purpose that if i wish to move it on later, i can guarantee its authenticity. ill try and take more pics. it seems to have wires hanging off here and there which i have no idea as to what they are for!

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
no need to pull the consult apart, if you had consult cables you get the ecu that way, i wouldn't want it dis-assemble the ecu either!!

btw the ecu is the later type japanese k11 type :)

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member
this is a "nismo k11 N1 kit",but not included the tb body..
the tb comes from nissan p10 or p11(sr16/20).
if you want to use that,you have to find a afm from any sr16/20 engine , it's not only for N1 , anyone if you like,youcan swap your tb from sr20 !!

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
AWESOME PICS LEWIS! Where did you get those pics from? what is the diameter of the sr16/20 afms? they are the same right? do you know the diameter of the throttle body? i'll have to measure mine. do you know much about the injectors? my injectors look the same as the ones in your picture. the pink ones. i was only told there was 1500cc worth of injectors. im assuming that means 375cc each?

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
That makes a lot of sense lewis. hmmm... do you have any more pics of the n1 k11's? are the sr16 and sr20 afms calibrated the same? does the existing plugs, plug straight in? or does the wiring have to be modified?

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member
sorry GTR, i've measured the sr20 tb inside dia. should be 60mm,not 70mm, but i remember there were 70mm tb , maybe sr20det or something....
the afm will need to be calibrate if u want use it on cg13 ecu, but not too much different, it's all 5v signal !!
ofcourse if u can post some pics and i'll do my best !!

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi lewis and all, the setup is at my friends place at the moment, ill bring it home and take some more detailed pics. but from what i can remember, it looks like the throttle body on the bottom (throttle body pic) it has a triangular shape.

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
can you get any numbers / info from it you can, the issue may be the maf may be a completely different one from the throttle body, have you tried it without a maf? is there any odd bits of wiring loom?

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
i have the kit now. sorry it took me so long to get pics. please help me decipher it all! id love to get it installed. first pic is how i think it goes together.

Attachments

• 10204.jpg
    10204.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 29

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
here is a wire on the harness that connects to the throttle body. it has a female connector on the end. the wire is black. could it be an earth?

Attachments

• 10213.jpg
    10213.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 25

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
Crazy, the dizzy needs a spark generator (has 5 HT plugs), looks like its not done within the dizzy, perhaps its an old rotor type thing, wonder what their reasoning is for doing it like that? Looks like you have the generator tho!

Does the dizzy plug into the loom?

I wonder how big those injectors are!

Hope you get it all working.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
kneival, what is a HT plug? this is another pic of the coil pack and theres an extra wire dangling off it. it has a plug on the end. earth maybe? wire is black. heheheh im assuming all black wires are earth!

Attachments

• 10219.jpg
    10219.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 27

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
thats awesome! is that the nissan fast program? i have the japanese version only. the english version i have resets all the time. where could i get a copy?

Attachments

• 10274.jpg
    10274.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 28
Back