Manifold bolt

mine used to be proper seized onto the cat which was grinded off. i then re-tapped the hole and just used a long bolt with a large washer at the end and a nut to lock it in place. not recommended but i was saving afew quid against buyin a ££ bolt from nissan. does the job neway

yeh my bolts on cat a ruste as hell none will undo so i did manifold 2 blots and one snaped lol

That is i do belive an M8 spring bolt, can quite easily pick one up at the breakers. Best not to use solid bolts as this can result in system snapping.
Please avoid using text chat.

No the exhaust system snapping,k the springs are there to give the system some flexibility and movement without breaking the seal. If theres no movement the system can snap. Ive seen it loads of times.

I gotcha wrenchable. i forgot to mention that the springs still on mine which is what the large washer at the end of the bolt was for.

hold on i'll pick out an image..

car202xt7.jpg

have you tried calling nissan, not usually bad on prices for stuff like bolts etc.

Lol, I paid £4.50 for the bolt and nut for my rear shocks and it took me about 10 minutes to explain to the bolke what I wanted

Either go to a scrap yard which will have loads hanging around, you just pick one with match thread and looks about right or try nissans best bet.

Back