making a mini moto road legal?!

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
i feel like im asking a really dumb question but what would be needed to make a mini moto style mini bike road leagal? ive heard no definate evidence either way. and if its possible how much would it cost to register it with the DVLA? A few mates have bought a load of them so its an idea! feel free to slate me!

headlights, tail lights, brake lights, indicators, number plates, number plate lights.

All have to be install within tolerance and correctly. If you're serious I'd look at buying the SVA Manual, it would need to go through an SVA test.

It wouldn't be possible as the minimum height for the required head light would be greater than the height of the bike.

its £30 for the test manual! expensive to clarify a no! il try and get in touch with a test center, im sure they could tell me

the deal is 3 of my mates bought 10 bikes, and if we can (if phesable) put one on the road! if its going to cost alot it'll never happen. but if forsake of 300£ it can be done then we will try! the size and dimension scares me! but im sure it has been done before!

im sure it has been done before
Yes, I saw someone riding one through Bristol city centre in rush hour last year, he was fully kitted up with leathers, helmet, and number plates. I nearly ####ed myself laughing, he looked about 20 stone, and his knees were almost level with his ears. Respect for bravery though!

i think there is a law on how high it would be, it being so small, drivers just wouldn't see you. i belive that all very low stuff has to have a flashing orange light on top of it to show it is there, so you would need a flashing orange helmet lol

there is not enough room to mount the number plate, and i don't belive they have any electrics, they don't have an altinator so you wouldn't be able to run the lights anyway.

it would pretty much have to be redesigned with an altinator and a battery and lights and mirrors etc, it would then have to be bigger to hold all that and in the end you would have a monkey bike, which is just a small motorbike.

i think there is a law on how high it would be, it being so small, drivers just wouldn't see you. i belive that all very low stuff has to have a flashing orange light on top of it to show it is there, so you would need a flashing orange helmet lol

there is not enough room to mount the number plate, and i don't belive they have any electrics, they don't have an altinator so you wouldn't be able to run the lights anyway.

it would pretty much have to be redesigned with an altinator and a battery and lights and mirrors etc, it would then have to be bigger to hold all that and in the end you would have a monkey bike, which is just a small motorbike.

im sorry, i just spat tea all over my leg..lol:grinning::grinning:

Buy a 'ape byke' £500 new, SVA approved, registered and good to go. The mini moto's only have an off road electric pack which means just enough to run the engine. Also all you guys above forgot the horn, you need one of them too.

Unlike everyone else I know what you mean about wanting one on the road, I was seriously considering buying one before I got the madass. It is too much work to convert one though and with those crappy 50cc 2-strokes you wouldn't be able to pull away quick enough and you'd find yourself with lorry tracks on you.

Buy a 'ape byke' £500 new, SVA approved, registered and good to go. The mini moto's only have an off road electric pack which means just enough to run the engine. Also all you guys above forgot the horn, you need one of them too.

Unlike everyone else I know what you mean about wanting one on the road, I was seriously considering buying one before I got the madass. It is too much work to convert one though and with those crappy 50cc 2-strokes you wouldn't be able to pull away quick enough and you'd find yourself with lorry tracks on you.

and were do you get these bikes from? iv loooked online after reading this and dnt seem to find any that are 500 pounds?

Back