major annoying starting problem

the other day as i left for skool, the micra was running fine as i recently got new spark plugs and new HT leads fitted as the plugs i had were burnt etc. i stopped for petrol, filled her up and when i came back it just refused to start!! when i try to start it the battery symbol stays lit up on the dash. once i was given a hand to push it out of the way, i waited for about 30mins and it started up fine!! its has done this four times now!! i thot mabey it could be the ignition coil? but when i was getting the old problem with the spark plugs fitted the mechanic would have at least checked that to?? i rang another mechanic up and he said that mabey it was the immobiliser? that it mabey it is broken and i would need it removed??
anyone else had or have this problem????? or have any idea what it is? thanx

Have you tried a new battery? It seems alot of K11's are having flooding issues recently as my GF's car has the same problem. I'd recommend checking the battery and maybe even the dizzy cap.

I dont think it is the immobiliser!!! So dont touch that. Funny how some people narrow it down to imob. over the phone, without the car infront of them! It could be anything... Any power problem almost always starts at the battery... then you move onto alternator, wires and fuses... if it is not that then as above... flooding issues... if the battery symbol has come up then you should check that batt. see if it is holding charge etc. Get your multimeter out.

my k11 has a problem with flooding if you turn off the engine before it gets warm and comes off cold start eg.. if i pop to the petrol garage down the road (1/2 a mile) if the car is warm (and has droped down to normal idle speed) its fine!

*k11 14inch steel rims wanted (midlands area please) cash waiting*

I solved all my starting issues.

3 out of 4 of my injectors were leaking. Leaking quite badly too. Mass flooding issues under certain circumstances. Fixed it by replacing the leaking injectors!

Back