M.O.T test after turbo

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys i have a few questions about passing emissions onces the car is turbo'd
basically i think you would loosed the main cat after the exhaust manifold so only have the single one in the middle, right?

well would it pass with the single cat? What have you guys done to pass emissions or was it not a problem with the single cat?

The micra will pass on a single cat, however im not sure if that still applies to turbo setup's.

cheers for replying arnold. So with even just the middle cat and the main one removed it will pass as a n/a setup?

Thats good, anyone with a turbo setup now?

Some do some don't, you're best with a full system, and having a performance cat built into it, build it properly first time, it will save you money in the long run.

o.k i see well i was planning on building a custom exhaust using piping and fitting the standard micra cat for m.o.t really but if it isn't definate then i'll have to get a hi-flow cat then.

browsing through ebay i cam across this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...020QQitemZ300116052795QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

would this be o.k? I would have to incorporate it into my system i weld but won't be too hard only want to run something small like 2 inch but that is 2.5 so i may have to build it 2.5 or find a smaller one.

If you can find a 'friendly' garage who understands what the car is for, sometimes you dont need any cats!

i do have a 'very friendly' garage but i just want it to be safe really lol.

Anyway i was planning on running something small like ihi rhb5 turbo from the likes of punto gts etc just want some low to mid range power and it will probbly give me a little top end too considering mines a 1.0

Yeah i've heard of some passing with none on at all. Post '95 engines or something though. But, if i were you i'd get it done as Alienfish says and get a proper system built in. Chances are, 2 years down the road the rules will have changed completely, and yours won't pass. Might as well do it properly first time. :)

if you go turbo you will most probably have a mappable ecu so you can map the ecu to have the emissions at what you want

If you can find a 'friendly' garage who understands what the car is for, sometimes you dont need any cats!

not realy something you want to be saying with two police officers and a VOSA enforcment officer on here daily....

Lol, he's realistic though. There are always people who will turn a blind eye to such things.

Back