LPG Conversion Rebate/Conversion

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
Engine bay 1. note thing on far left and blue bits.

Attachments

• 30407.jpg
    30407.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 23

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
LPG Gauge the left hand lights light up to the 'degree' it is full...bottom left light goes red when nearly empty...Other light is for lpg on/off/coming online. If I press the button...it will make it stay on petrol...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
david

thanks !
looks very profesional to me !
mines got a 4 led guage which if you glance at when cornering (when its on 1 light) is surprisingly accurate.
i,ve noticed on the latest gen kits, they start on petrol then auto/switch, but dont know why coz mine will start ok at minus 5c.
looks like your gas pumps are screw fit ?, ours are bayonet
i think the little boxes are electronic modules that piggyback into the ecu

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
Fuel Economy:
My best estimate at the moment is...275kms from 20.02L
or 13.74 kms/L
or 7.28 L/100kms
or 32.83 miles/US gallon
or 62.44 kms/UK gallon
or 38.80 miles/UK gallon

and at a cost of 41.1c/L which I've paid that's:

33.42 kms/AUS$
or 3c/km

compared to 7.3c/km previously on just petrol.

P.S. These calculations do not include the fact that my car always starts on petrol and stays using petrol for a brief period before switching to lpg...this would inflate the fuel efficiency of the lpg figures slightly. If I assume 1km on petrol each trip and I estimate that I did 25 trips of varying lengths...thus actual gas kms might be 250kms from 20.02L...thus 12.5kms/L...about a further 10% drop...previous to installing the lpg system I was getting about 15 kms/L...so lpg resulted in a drop of between 10 and 20 % in fuel efficiency.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
Had some problems with the engine stalling when it was attempting to switch and I was stationary. Also, it switched back to petrol, because it thought I was out of lpg prematurely. Got it fixed...some valve was dodgy and he also made it run richer at rest.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
switches to lpg with no jolt any more...have averaged about 11.43km/L so far over 3000kms.

This equates to a 30% drop compared to petrol....but as the price is nearly always less than half of petrol (some times as low as 1/4) the it is cheaper per km.

Back