LPG and K10's

hissyfizzy

Ex. Club Member
Before you all fall over in laughter please read on

I have a LPG kit sitting in my shed doing absolutly nothing it came off a Carb Range Rover and I'm thinking instead of letting it rot why not fit it to my K10 (When i've finished rebuilding the engine) Anyone know realistically if the K10 will run on LPG I know there's not much point as the car is doing around 45mpg ish (when it's running properly) and not to mention Petrol is now £1.04 per litre here in norwich and due to increase by 2pence soon where as LPG is 0.45pence litre. The mpg will be down as it was with the Range Rover to around 5-10% but the cost will outway that.

I'm in the process of locating a smaller tank as the 90ltr tank won't fit in the pig. It's really a bit of fun and saving the kit from rotting as it's not worth selliing second hand so I'm thinking about using it.

sounds good, send me an email please [email protected]

Do you by anychance know how to fit this electronic distributor to my point engine I have a spare wire and don't know where to put it, the Haynes shows it going no where or doubling up.

Hissyfizzy

My K10 has been a pig since I got it.

1st the head gasket blew in a major way boiled dry
2nd the carb gasket gave
3rd the carb gave up
4th the car quit on the way to lowestoft for no reason
5th the Timing belt jumped 20 degrees out

That's why I called it a pig oh this is in the last two months too!! If it continues to run then it won't be a pig anymore

i had same problem when i changed to engine with electric distributor one wire goes to plus 1 to minus on coil i can check sometime.

My K10 has been a pig since I got it.

1st the head gasket blew in a major way boiled dry
2nd the carb gasket gave
3rd the carb gave up
4th the car quit on the way to lowestoft for no reason
5th the Timing belt jumped 20 degrees out

Bin it!!

I just finished converting my 1983 Micra 1.2 to lpg. It runs very good on lpg, almost no difference compared to petrol. No idea yet about fuel consuption, but who cares with lpg costing 0.28 euros here. I think it would be very difficult finding a cheaper car to run. I have a 41 liter tank (55 cm diameter and 22 cm tall) in the space where the spare wheel used to be, so still have almost all the luggage space left. Converter is an OMVL R90/E, which also came out of a Range Rover.

Rob.

Back