Lowering Springs Cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Hi

I am buying some lowering springs for £74.05 including VAT and Del.

Is this a good price as i've only really seen them for about £85 del.

thanks

i got mine from buypartsbuy.com forget how much they were but they were cheap. £74 is a very reasonable price

yep same place, you recommend them ages ago to someone, and i had a look and i'm getting KYB gas shocks, and lowering springs, for £194 del.

Thanks speedle! :p

I got some new off ebay for about £30 once, but yeah that sounds like a good price, if you can wait that long. I'd personally pay £15 more and get them from Demon. You'd have them by the end of the week

but i could do with saving up for a month or so, and buying the whole suspension system for my K10. Might do that anyway though....demon tweeks are good! lol

cut 1+half coils off mine "in situ", it dropped the car 1 inch and did,nt feel like a go/cart on a ploughed field!

frank

Cut Springs

Comprehensive article in the current issue of Practical Performance Car on doing just that. Dropped a Porsche 924 that way. Great magazine, incidentally.

D

I was going to cut my springs to get a lower feel to it as can only find lowering springs of 35mm max.
But my bro suggested i didnt as it would be a bumpy ride as he found out on his first car. But that was a fiat.....

it can be, it depends on the type of spring. No idea whether K10 ones are OK. I always like the idea of uprated ones too.

Big up to PPC from me too :)

The top and bottom of the spring is flat, so sits securely in a base. If you cut the spring, this becomes coiled and doesn't sit properley. There's probably more chance of the spring breaking too, as there's more pressure on parts which there shouldn't be

yes point taken arnold
if those lower cups are,nt deep enough the cut end could slip out and stab your tyre
i just don,t like those rock hard springs, a bit of negative camber on the front and these micra,s handle a treat imho

frank

well i think everyone gets the point! lol DON'T CUT SPRINGS!! buy some lowering ones like me :p lol

I got some new off ebay for about £30 once, but yeah that sounds like a good price, if you can wait that long. I'd personally pay £15 more and get them from Demon. You'd have them by the end of the week

were those the one you gave me for the super s way back when? they weren't all that bad TBH infact now i recall they were very stiff springs

They were my old ones (Aktiv) We changed them because we thought they were making all the noise on my suspension setup, but the new ones didn't cure it.

No point doing mine as it's probably getting changed when the 2 litre goes in

Actually talking of the suspension noise, i was driving back to work at lunch and it went bang whilst moving (usually only does it when im turning on the spot, parking for example) and afterwards, my car just veered to the right instead of going straight. I remember it doing this before on a motorway and wanted to throw me into the crash barrier, but luckily i avoided that one! God knows what's doing that but its a bit on the dangerous side.

I wont need the manifold or Magnecor leads when the new engine is in.

ah so thats happening then!!???

Yeah mate, just gotta get it 'oop norf' to have it done :)

My spring went bang on my fez then squeaked badly, after about a week I got fed up and checked and found the spring had snapped. So I'd go check your springs for proper location.

I'm gunna spend 12 quid on some spring compressors and just use them. Safer than cutting, cheaper than sports springs.

its only for an experiment before i fit my lowering springs which i still need to buy :p

All this talk of spring compressors and cutting them is stupid. your putting your safety and others at risk. It should also fail an MOT with cut springs.

If you want a firmer standard ride, fit bump stops to the shocks. They wont travel as far & make the ride alot harder, or just stop being tight / dangerous and fit proper lowering springs!

Engine conversion will cost a bit lol, and because i'm not doing the work myself, i'm not sure how easy it will be to maintain a blog for it's progress.

right thats all sorted now!!

Just Bought:

Kyb gas shocks- front and rear-£119
35mm lowering springs-TUV approved.-£74
also exhaust rubbers-£0.25

All from www.bypartsby.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back