Lowering a K11

Anyone out there know what I should get for lowering (springs or kit), and how much i should look at paying?

I've got nowhere to work on the car myself, so i'd be looking at a garage fit them for me.

Any suggestions for the Blackpool area?

Cheers dudes.

Dave.

depends how low you want and also your budget. you can get lowering springs for around £80 which will drop the car 30-35mm :)

I want a 35mm drop, but not sure about whether to get the shocks done as well (originals on a '97) and the types of places that might do it.

matey, you may not be able to do the front springs (garage - £35) but im sure you can do the back! they are easy as you like!

RE: RE: Lowering a K11

Lou said:
matey, you may not be able to do the front springs (garage - £35) but im sure you can do the back! they are easy as you like!

How? I'm skint as hell, so anything I can do myself will be a plus!

you'll need a spring compresser for starters :)

your shocks should be ok so i've been told as changing them is more of a performance based mod. what size wheels do you have? as this can increase the wear on the std shocks.

you could always go for the better option.

get yourself to a breakers and find the biggest meanest engine.
maxima 3ltr v6 thing if you wish.
lancer
sr20 gti-r engine. sumthing nice.

any ways dump that in the back you will lower it very nicely indeed.

always a plus.

other than that. you dont need spring compressors for the rears. or the fronts of done right.
but is recommended veru highly.

simply undo th bolt from inside the boot at the top of the strut and it will drop down. simply remove and replace

You don't need compressors if you've got someone helping you. Me and Beachboy swapped ours without the need. Not saying it wasn't hard work though

Dr Zoidberg said:
you'll need a spring compresser for starters :)

your shocks should be ok so i've been told as changing them is more of a performance based mod. what size wheels do you have? as this can increase the wear on the std shocks.

I'm running on 15's at the moment, hense the need to lower.

To QuickDraw: How easily will those engines you mentioned transplant?

(Typo edit)

ignore the panhard rod aswell, as its a bad thing to remove if its stuck. doesnt need to come off either.

i got the bilstien street like kit from motor sport world. it lowered the car 35mm and it cost about £280 i think and that with delivery. once it was fitted my mate couldnt belive how much better it handled.

RE: RE: RE: Lowering a K11

[/quote]
I'm running on 15's at the moment, hense the need to lower.
[/quote]

then from what i've been told your shocks should be ok,

if fund are tight you could always leave the standard shocks and uprate them when they finally pack in, thats what i'm prob gonna do :D

alex24 what kind of shocks came the bilstein kit were they gas? are just the same as orig but new?

Beachboy said:
ignore the panhard rod aswell, as its a bad thing to remove if its stuck. doesnt need to come off either.

If you can get it off :laugh:

the shocks with the bilstein are gas shocks. oh and a thing i forgot to do once the car was lowered was get the trackin done, a couple of months later the inside of my two front tires were bald! so to anyone lowering make sure you get the tracking done!

if you just want to lower, the rear is easy! just need to jack it up, undo the bottom bolt of the shock, and then all you need is a mate to push down on the tyre of that side, and hey presto, out comes the spring! lol! did mine in about 30 mins for both sides!

i was on 16"s dropped 35mm on standard shocks and it took about ooooh 2 weeks for all four shocks to just break down and cry and break! I put the KYB's on and although the ride is a little stiff, car seems to have settled back down to 35mm - i rate them highly, very good mod - shoudl have been done at the time of lowering

Got mine done!!!

A bit expensive though. £190 @ Demon Tweeks in Wrexham for Springs, Fitting and Tracking. Think they gassed up the existing cylinders for me as well.

Looks and handles much better though.

do u have to get new suspension or something as well to lower them with the lowering springs???

I've just got the springs. I'm told that is all you need (unless your planning to drive around like a nutter), however i'll let you know how the shocks hold up in the coming weeks.

Big_ben said:
i was on 16"s dropped 35mm on standard shocks and it took about ooooh 2 weeks for all four shocks to just break down and cry and break! I put the KYB's on and although the ride is a little stiff, car seems to have settled back down to 35mm - i rate them highly, very good mod - shoudl have been done at the time of lowering

im on 16's aswell and even though i havent lowered the car yet i think the shocks are starting to pack in, the car now leans to the left when parked up! everyone that i have spoke to thats had a micra has said the suspension is pap! and always packs in. im getting mine done anyway, its just like everything else tho, finding the money to do it!!

BroomDJ said:
however i'll let you know how the shocks hold up in the coming weeks.

just fitted my springs today :) will also see how long the shocks last. i know neil (SR_MICRA_BOY) only had springs and his was lower than 35mm his lasted till the car was stripped :)

Back