Buying a K11 and Lowering

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum but joined so I could get some advice. Basically i'm looking at buying a new car and i've wanted a K11 for ages because I think they're awesome, and JDM yo :D the only thing that's putting me 0ff is the lowering limitations. I refuse to pay £500 for coilovers for a car that probably won't even cost me that much to buy, cutting springs is something i've never wanted to do and I don't really want to bodge something as important as suspension.

What would be my best bet, as I want to know before I look at buying one really? I don't really want to spend more than £200 on it.

Any help would be great, thanks guys :)

Corsa b / nova coilovers just need the top hole in the lower part of the suspention drilling out a little on the bottom of the hole and you have the drill your top mount out about 2mm if I remember correctly, The reason you need a panhard rod is becuase how the rear suspention set up is as the suspention goes down below 35mm the axle will start to shift to one side meaning shock and springs will be off centred and one wheel will stick out and one will sit in, the lower it goes the shorter you need to make the pan hard rod. Do a search all the information with diagrams link ect is avalible and has been covered 100's of times I've seen corsa b / nova coilovers go for as little as £50 on eBay, custom rear springs another £50/£100 depending on where makes them and how there made, pan hard rod is £67 from Nod speed slightly more from other companies.

Pan hard rod
http://www.nodspeed.com/#/view/products/panhardrod

Corsa b / nova coilovers just need the top hole in the lower part of the suspention drilling out a little on the bottom of the hole and you have the drill your top mount out about 2mm if I remember correctly, The reason you need a panhard rod is becuase how the rear suspention set up is as the suspention goes down below 35mm the axle will start to shift to one side meaning shock and springs will be off centred and one wheel will stick out and one will sit in, the lower it goes the shorter you need to make the pan hard rod. Do a search all the information with diagrams link ect is avalible and has been covered 100's of times I've seen corsa b / nova coilovers go for as little as £50 on eBay, custom rear springs another £50/£100 depending on where makes them and how there made, pan hard rod is £67 from Nod speed slightly more from other companies.

Pan hard rod
http://www.nodspeed.com/#/view/products/panhardrod
Ok I see what you mean, are the rods easy to fit? Never had to do one before. I think i'd just get a lowering kit or something, don't want to have to modify anything to make it fit really, although I do much prefer coilovers to lowered springs

Even if you just get a lowering kit , you will still need an adjustable panhard rod. They're easy to fit in theory as they're only held on by a nut and bolt on one side and a nut on a fixed stud on the other. The trouble is that the bushes are usually seized to the bolt/stud. Spray with wd40 for a week before to ease removal. Otherwise you'll be grinding them off.

A couple of days of penetrating oil and a 600mm breaker bar got my panhard rod done in half an hour. I definitely needed it on my 50mm springs.

Back