Lowering a k10 on standard shocks

Ive read a few people views on this and I know your best of changing the shocks as well but money is tight and im sick of falling out of my seat round every corner lol.

So basically who runs lowering springs (35mm) on standard shocks? Ive only ever had cars with both springs and shocks done so is the ride going to be bouncy and firm?

Cheers.

i've run lowering springs on standard shocks (old ones that is), shouldnt cause a massive problem but i'd recommend you change them eventually to get the best from the car. :)

35mm isn't really that much of a drop so the standard shocks would probably be ok. They usually advise it when the drop is quite high, say 60mm or so.

Cheers baz but its too much for me to spend, its just supposed to be a cheap runabout till my novas fixed. To those that run uprated springs on stock dampers, whats the actual ride like? As obviously they won't be matched. Old, soft and half knackered shocks with new,firm springs.

Cheers baz but its too much for me to spend, its just supposed to be a cheap runabout till my novas fixed. To those that run uprated springs on stock dampers, whats the actual ride like? As obviously they won't be matched. Old, soft and half knackered shocks with new,firm springs.

No problem dude(Y)

To those that run uprated springs on stock dampers, whats the actual ride like? As obviously they won't be matched. Old, soft and half knackered shocks with new,firm springs.

I replaced my pram-like stock shocks for new stock shocks when I fitted my 35mm weitecs afew years ago...

It immediately turned into a go cart....(I did my tyres too though)

I cant comment on running bust shocks on lowering springs

have fun mate

Rich

I want to do this too, i want a lower drop though. 35mm isnt worth it i was told...

Can't go much lower on a K10 without getting rubbing on the arches. Made a huge difference on appearance / handling when i lowered mine.

Back